Motherwell's one stop short holiday

Busta Nut

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Unlucky lads, sounds like the performance didn't justify the scoreline.

Losing a set piece on half time is so frustrating. Annoying how often it happens in these games, though.

It is, you could almost see it coming. Only so long you can call us naive. We keep making the same mistakes. 

I watched the last half hour of the Dons game. I thought they were unlucky not to take it to extra time. It must have been a sickener seeing Hedges balloon it over the bar in the last minute. 

I think it's disappointing to lose out considering we put a decent performance in on the night. We were crying out for someone to play wide and run with the ball just to try and break down the opposition. 

What knackered us was a completely inept performance from our defence. O'Donnell was murder, Gallagher's head came off his shoulders, McGinlay looked fucking knackered after about 10 minutes and Lamie is Lamie. Now I think there is a big element of naivety involved in how the game unfolded. They were a team of shits and we only have Tony Watt who does a great job of being a shit. We could do with having a training session on how to be a shithouse with Tony Watt. Chris Long, once again, looking like a torn faced wean. The foul he gave away for the first was utterly fucking stupid. If you're going to track back don't fucking do that. 

What you can't say is naivety is O'Donnell absolutely selling the jerseys from a set piece. At no point was he anywhere near the correct side of the attacker. See the same for McGinlay who was all over the shop and his tackle in the box was as nailed on a penalty as you'll ever see. f**k knows how it wasn't given. Gallagher's meltdown was shocking and Lamie is nowhere near good enough to play regularly. 

GIVE ME BEVIS OR GIVE ME DEATH. 

Oh well, that was a fun ride I suppose!

Don't want to go over the obvious but last night was there for the taking, ultimately though Beer Sheva had a couple of players of quality and a team of 'streetwise' guys who knew how to get through in situations such as these. At this level, you simply can't just give away goals for free, which is what we done last night and is what we have done repeatedly in this competition.

Football wise, there was a period of 15-20 minutes where I thought we were massively dominant. You could see though, during this period if we didn't score we were susceptible to getting caught on the break. There was a lot of plus points and effort but we just lacked that bit of quality in attacking areas which the likes of Turnbull would have brought. That bit of magic to create a clear cut chance or goal just wasn't there.

Special mentions go to Alan Campbell and Tony Watt who I thought were a credit to themselves.

As I have alluded to SOD and Gallaghers individual errors cost us big time. Outwith this though, I thought Nathan McGinlay was shocking. I thought he looked good in LWB when running with the ball etc but his passing and defensive lapses last night were really high opening. Deer in headlights comes to mind.

Re Gallagher, Motherwell Twitter appears to have imploded resulting in his wife tweeting about folk. What have I missed? Surely it's okay to criticise his perfomance last night.. No place for personal stuff due to footballing performances but I've honestly not seen any of that. Maybe I've already got those accounts blocked though..

Oh well, that was a fun ride I suppose!
Don't want to go over the obvious but last night was there for the taking, ultimately though Beer Sheva had a couple of players of quality and a team of 'streetwise' guys who knew how to get through in situations such as these. At this level, you simply can't just give away goals for free, which is what we done last night and is what we have done repeatedly in this competition.
Football wise, there was a period of 15-20 minutes where I thought we were massively dominant. You could see though, during this period if we didn't score we were susceptible to getting caught on the break. There was a lot of plus points and effort but we just lacked that bit of quality in attacking areas which the likes of Turnbull would have brought. That bit of magic to create a clear cut chance or goal just wasn't there.
Special mentions go to Alan Campbell and Tony Watt who I thought were a credit to themselves.
As I have alluded to SOD and Gallaghers individual errors cost us big time. Outwith this though, I thought Nathan McGinlay was shocking. I thought he looked good in LWB when running with the ball etc but his passing and defensive lapses last night were really high opening. Deer in headlights comes to mind.
Re Gallagher, Motherwell Twitter appears to have imploded resulting in his wife tweeting about folk. What have I missed? Surely it's okay to criticise his perfomance last night.. No place for personal stuff due to footballing performances but I've honestly not seen any of that. Maybe I've already got those accounts blocked though..
From what I've seen on Twitter regarding Gallagher it's just been mostly folk (rightly) calling him out for losing the head and arguably costing us the game.

If that's what his wife is getting wound up at then maybe Twitter isn't for her.

Lamie is a fuckin abomination of a player. Should be nowhere near our team. Gallagher is a stupid c**t. Long is a moaning faced c**t and his attitude fuckin stinks. The foul he gave away for their first was ridiculous. O’Donnell’s marking was just nonsense. Wish everyone had Campbell’s attitude.

A cursory glance at Twitter has thrown up some people who probably had one too many cans and lost the head. 

Has Gallagher been great this season? Absolutely not.

Did he cost us any chance of getting back into the game last night? Absolutely.

Has he been a good player for us all things considered? Definitely. 

Yeah, Gallagher definitely deserves some of the blame for the result (But not the rubbish I've seen on twitter), but we never really had that many good chances to score. When we did we just completely messed them up. Well i assume the goal for this season is to try and finish 5th where we Should get a place in the Europa Conference league which should allow us a greater chance of reaching a European Group Stage.  

Maybe focus on getting as far into both cups as well.

Edited by Phillips455

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Yeah, Gallagher definitely deserves some of the blame for the result (But not the rubbish I've seen on twitter), but we never really had that many good chances to score. When we did we just completely messed them up. Well i assume the goal for this season is to try and finish 5th where we Should get a place in the Europa Conference league which should allow us a greater chance of reaching a European Group Stage.  

Maybe focus on getting as far into both cups as well.

Absolutely. We never created much. Ultimately in games like that you need to be clinical. He's not completely to blame. All his red card done was confirm that the game was done. 

Absolutely. We never created much. Ultimately in games like that you need to be clinical. He's not completely to blame. All his red card done was confirm that the game was done. 
His red card and conceding the penalty. His yellow card for conceding the free kick that led to the penalty was taking one for the team but with or without that he has to know you can't wrap your arms around the guy.

On 25/09/2020 at 04:41, Ron Aldo said:

From what I've seen on Twitter regarding Gallagher it's just been mostly folk (rightly) calling him out for losing the head and arguably costing us the game.

If that's what his wife is getting wound up at then maybe Twitter isn't for her.

Twitter isn't for most people.