Motherwell's one stop short holiday

Busta Nut

On 27/08/2020 at 22:31, RossBFaeDundee said:

What is it about Oran Kearney's teams and winning penalty shootouts?

St Mirren 1 Dundee United 1 as 10-men Saints win Premiership play-off on  penalties - 3 talking points - Daily Record

We didn't win the Irish Cup semi final shootout with Ballymena. Fortunately they lost in the final...

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

1 hour ago, Swello said:

The chance to see Motherwell on another continent would have been nice if it works out that way...

25 miles from the Gaza Strip (nice wee sightseeing trip), 30 miles from Egypt, 150 miles from Africa.  Maybe fly into Cairo and drive across? What could go wrong?

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

25 miles from the Gaza Strip (nice wee sightseeing trip), 30 miles from Egypt, 150 miles from Africa.  Maybe fly into Cairo and drive across? What could go wrong?

I'd have loved the conversation with the Mrs about heading to a city sandwiched between Gaza and the West Bank :) In normal times, it would have been the type of trip I'd have been well up for. 

11 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

We just had to get an away tie didnt we. Its one of the most winnable ties we could have gotten bug i dont nelieve we can win any of the games away from home.

Why not? Enjoy the prospects of a possible win. There won't be any fans, so not exactly a huge advantage for the hosts. And what is it, a 30-minute flight from Glasgow to Belfast? So it's not like the players are going to be travel weary.

16 hours ago, Swello said:

I'd have loved the conversation with the Mrs about heading to a city sandwiched between Gaza and the West Bank :) In normal times, it would have been the type of trip I'd have been well up for. 

Really a shame for you that you can't go there. It's a beautiful part of the world, as long as you plan your trip carefully it's one I'd reccommend. Israel isn't big so you can just fly into Tel Aviv. I just wouldn't advice you to hire a car. I've done that in Israel a few years ago and feared for my life a few times. Both main people groups there might hate each other, in one thing they're all the same: they all drive like complete and utter #@£...

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Both main people groups there might hate each other, in one thing they're all the same: they all drive like complete and utter #@£...

Probably also applies to our 2nd round trip to Northern Ireland :)

• 2 weeks later...
Coleraine vs Motherwell game will be on BBC NI so you should be able to view it on the BBC website. Tommy Wright will be commentating as well. Coverage starts at 7.30pm on the 17th.

https://colerainefc.com/bbc-showcase/
Also up in the high channel numbers for those on Sky and (I assume) Virgin Media.

On 12/09/2020 at 10:53, true_rover said:
On 11/09/2020 at 13:32, Phillips455 said:
Coleraine vs Motherwell game will be on BBC NI so you should be able to view it on the BBC website. Tommy Wright will be commentating as well. Coverage starts at 7.30pm on the 17th.

https://colerainefc.com/bbc-showcase/

Also up in the high channel numbers for those on Sky and (I assume) Virgin Media.

Is that BBC 2 Nothern Ireland?