Motherwell's one stop short holiday

Busta Nut

For those who want to watch the Glentoran vs HB Tórshavn match tonight, it is live on the BBC Sport page here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/53793264.

Kick off is at 19:00 so in about an hour from now. We can potentially analysis our opponents to find out the best way of doing a kilie.

I've put it on after half an hour and the ball is sticking in the puddles - summer football eh! There's a Scottish co-commentator but I have no idea who it is.

HB look the better team from what little I've seen so far. Scrappy game but I don't want to say too much because I did see our game against Livingston.

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Glentoran just won 1-0. Will be an interesting game that we should hopefully winning.

Just my take, but I think Well wins by at least 2 goals.

Glentoran was 5th in the Notthern Ireland league last season (granted, only 3 points from 3rd) and just scrapped by a part-time squad from the Faroe Islands.

While Well fans may not be impressed with their own start, this should be the worst team they’ve faced so far by a decent amount.

10 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Just my take, but I think Well wins by at least 2 goals.

Glentoran was 5th in the Notthern Ireland league last season (granted, only 3 points from 3rd) and just scrapped by a part-time squad from the Faroe Islands.

While Well fans may not be impressed with their own start, this should be the worst team they’ve faced so far by a decent amount.

What could possibly go wrong.....

I never managed to see any of the game last night but I suspect it is the equivalent of us playing a lower champion club such as a Dumbarton or Morton. In which case we ought to win through but also have seen us lose games like these in the past. 

The good news is that we will be 5 league games in and we are starting to get our shit together at least in defence and midfield. Makes a big difference.

It is easy to see why we have lost against the likes of Stjarnan and Mypa 47 when you see our games against Ross C and DDee United. It takes a good few games for team to settle and manager to sort out issues. Having Stephen ODonnell join at right back is a prime example. 

I think and hope we will win. It actually might be a benefit to Motherwell there are no fans. Not financially of course. But I could see a one off tie with a couple of thousand raucous Glentoran fans may just have given their team a lift. 

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

Anyone any idea how this is being made available to watch? Club said on Thursday they would announce on Friday but still waiting.

Im assuming it would be through the club PPV system with season ticket holders getting a free stream. Aberdeens game is on Premier Sports at the same time so i doubt they will be showing our game and BT dont really bother with the qualifiers unless its an english team like Spurs.

11 minutes ago, Pepper said:

The game is on Premier Sports 2 and the club have posted on SO that season ticket holders can stream it for free via our PPV system.. They are tying up loose ends before making an official announcement apparently.

With the streaming so far I would seriously consider paying for Premier Sports 2 to watch on TV without fear of no sound, buffering or commentary that is out of sync with play or all of the aforementioned!

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Hopefully Motherwell get through, but this game is starting to feel a bit Connah's Quaysy / Lincoln Red Impsy / Progres NIedercorny (delete as appropriate)

More like Stjarnan. A team we should be beating but end up losimg due to unforced errors (like we have been doing for 2020).

20 minutes ago, Pepper said:

The game is on Premier Sports 2 and the club have posted on SO that season ticket holders can stream it for free via our PPV system.. They are tying up loose ends before making an official announcement apparently.

Yeah, just noticed it on the Premier Sports Website. I was only looking at the Premier Sports 1 listing but the motherwell fixture is listed there. https://www.premiersports.com/tv-schedule

Doesnt look like there will be any pre-game coverage as it is due to start 5 minutes before kickoff.

3 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

More like Stjarnan. A team we should be beating but end up losimg due to unforced errors (like we have been doing for 2020).

I remember we went into a 2-0 lead early on in the 1st home leg and I turned to my mate and jokingly said we should be good for a draw now 😬 How prophetic. Of course did not reckon on Lasley giving away 231 penalties over 2 legs. 

Of course as per our 1st competitive game and to their credit they went on to beat Lech Poznan over 2 legs to draw Inter bloody Milan. That draw hurt as much as losing to them !