League season

Let's face it the top flight and 2nd tier senior football is up against it big time completion a season with no crowds lower football league and non league has little or no chance. 

All this nonsense about players changing in cars is an absolute farce . Players wont be doing this and fans wont want or except players whos wages they are effectively paying to be doing this like its some kind of pals five a side team.

Add to that somehow by a miracle games are played with fans the level of hassle for a fan to get in and out the ground its not really worth it .

Will be a chore not even taking into account a good chunk of fans who are over fifty who medically just wont want to or be allowed to go. 

Its becoming more and more obvious sadly this season coming will be a near total busted flush that might be better of just abandoning all leagues for a season and play cup ties in the new year as a little taster and keep a bit of interest and a taster of things to come ! 

Edited by ballermk

9 hours ago, glensmad said:

I repeat, once again, the latest Scottish Government indicative dates say that stadia can re-open with restrictions from 14th September.

But if you know better than Nicola Sturgeon....

What are the restrictions?? Testing, Track and Trace, No Fans ????

What are the guidelines for this date and where are they ????

I’ll say it again, more than 60% of dressing rooms will not meet The arrangements that will need to be in place for this to happen  

Teams playing at the moment are getting changed in different stands !!!

The infection rate is on the rise, I don’t see football at our level and probably league 2 starting or being viable anytime soon … … … sorry to say 

10 hours ago, ballermk said:

Let's face it the top flight and 2nd tier senior football is up against it big time completion a season with no crowds lower football league and non league has little or no chance. 

All this nonsense about players changing in cars is an absolute farce . Players wont be doing this and fans wont want or except players whos wages they are effectively paying to be doing this like its some kind of pals five a side team.

Add to that somehow by a miracle games are played with fans the level of hassle for a fan to get in and out the ground its not really worth it .

Will be a chore not even taking into account a good chunk of fans who are over fifty who medically just wont want to or be allowed to go. 

Its becoming more and more obvious sadly this season coming will be a near total busted flush that might be better of just abandoning all leagues for a season and play cup ties in the new year as a little taster and keep a bit of interest and a taster of things to come ! 

It's only August, talks are about a potential restart in October, but losing  2 months makes the whole season a busted flush?

Obviously, there is no guarantee it can actually restart in October, but that's why there are talks about what measures to take in order to be able to do so. All seems common sense to me.

What are the restrictions?? Testing, Track and Trace, No Fans ????
What are the guidelines for this date and where are they ????
I’ll say it again, more than 60% of dressing rooms will not meet The arrangements that will need to be in place for this to happen  
Teams playing at the moment are getting changed in different stands !!!
The infection rate is on the rise, I don’t see football at our level and probably league 2 starting or being viable anytime soon … … … sorry to say 
The Scottish Government have still to stipulate what the restrictions on stadia will be. However, given they are also giving an indicative date of 24th August for "live events outdoors", it isn't logical to assume that three weeks later they wouldn't be allowing limited crowds into football stadia.Screenshot_20200810_082041.jpeg

34 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The Scottish Government have still to stipulate what the restrictions on stadia will be. However, given they are also giving an indicative date of 24th August for "live events outdoors", it isn't logical to assume that three weeks later they wouldn't be allowing limited crowds into football

Yip and it mentions physical distancing,restricted numbers and testing …… keep clutching at straws

11 players + subs + management and physio = a minimum 20 all different households will never meet that criteria in a hundred years

Also ( sure someone will be able to name them ) clubs rent park and facilities from local councils so they will have to follow the guidelines that the council put in place before they are allowed to use these changing rooms 

We all want to see our local teams back playing , but IMO  there are going to be to many obstacles for the majority clubs (>60%) for it to be viable 

Undoubtedly there are going to be obstacles for clubs to get over between now and October, and the sooner the Scottish Government and the SFA clarify these the better. But I repeat (again), if outdoor live events are allowed from mid August (as per the current indicative dates) then there is no reason why socially distanced crowds should not be allowed inside football stadia three weeks after that date. If the clubs do their bit to get the stadia compliant, then why not ?

The only guidance we can take seriously on this is the Scottish Government and the SFA. Anyone else's opinion is just that, an opinion. Until the advice changes, then that is what must be used as the target.

Undoubtedly there are going to be obstacles for clubs to get over between now and October, and the sooner the Scottish Government and the SFA clarify these the better. But I repeat (again), if outdoor live events are allowed from mid August (as per the current indicative dates) then there is no reason why socially distanced crowds should not be allowed inside football stadia three weeks after that date. If the clubs do their bit to get the stadia compliant, then why not ?

The only guidance we can take seriously on this is the Scottish Government and the SFA. Anyone else's opinion is just that, an opinion. Until the advice changes, then that is what must be used as the target.

The last SFA update specifically mentioned mid October as an earliest date for playing matches.

English non league teams are back playing games now. What's the stipulations in place for them? I'm assuming they don't need to be testing the players etc as it's unaffordable?

I'm becoming more pessimistic for our non league game with each passing day due to the pressure Sturgeon is under. I honestly can't see her giving non league football the go ahead anytime soon I hope I am wrong. I think we will need the next few weeks to go really smoothly without any spikes anywhere. If anything, it looks like we are close to seeing pubs being closed down again with the new rules being put in place around number of households in pubs and no music/football allowed on etc.

English non league teams are back playing games now. What's the stipulations in place for them? I'm assuming they don't need to be testing the players etc as it's unaffordable?
I'm becoming more pessimistic for our non league game with each passing day due to the pressure Sturgeon is under. I honestly can't see her giving non league football the go ahead anytime soon I hope I am wrong. I think we will need the next few weeks to go really smoothly without any spikes anywhere. If anything, it looks like we are close to seeing pubs being closed down again with the new rules being put in place around number of households in pubs and no music/football allowed on etc.

English Non League Steps 1-7 behind closed doors until further notice. No testing as far as I’m aware. Only essential club officials are allowed in the ground. Social distancing and masks on until players and coaches enter the pitch.

41 minutes ago, glensmad said:

So let’s be realistic here ……… how many clubs at out level have dressing rooms that will meet the criteria in the document that you posted 

As I said before I’ve been in dressing rooms throughout or leagues over the years and very few come anywhere near meeting these guidelines.

Virus thrives (and infection rate Is rising) in poorly ventilated enclosed areas. 
So with 20+ people in dressing rooms explain to me how teams at our grade are going to meet the criteria as set out in the document

The way things are going these guidelines are only going to get tougher in the coming weeks 

What happens if some clubs get their stadia compliant but others in the same league or conference can’t what happens then? I know it’s hypothetical but do you partially start the league or does the whole league to be compliant? Some teams may struggle to compliant out of no fault of their own which makes it even more harder.

3 minutes ago, juventus said:

English Non League Steps 1-7 behind closed doors until further notice. No testing as far as I’m aware. Only essential club officials are allowed in the ground. Social distancing and masks on until players and coaches enter the pitch.

Have you ever been to English Non League ground ?? Some of them would put our Championship ground to shame.

So let’s be realistic here ……… how many clubs at out level have dressing rooms that will meet the criteria in the document that you posted 
As I said before I’ve been in dressing rooms throughout or leagues over the years and very few come anywhere near meeting these guidelines.
Virus thrives (and infection rate Is rising) in poorly ventilated enclosed areas. 
So with 20+ people in dressing rooms explain to me how teams at our grade are going to meet the criteria as set out in the document
The way things are going these guidelines are only going to get tougher in the coming weeks 
Please point me in the direction of the bit of the link that I posted which makes reference to dressing room criteria. [emoji848]

13 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Please point me in the direction of the bit of the link that I posted which makes reference to dressing room criteria. emoji848.png

Everyone wants football to start as soon as possible …… just think some people are over optimistic and not looking at the glaring practicalities of the situation at our grade

I’m the one pointing out the dressing room criteria which come within the guidelines of meeting indoors and how many clubs could come anywhere meeting what is required.

Think at the moment it is 5 different households so how does 20+ different households meet that guidelines 

And before you start it’s completely different from pubs to have that many people squeezed into a small space getting stripped to play a game of football 

As I say some (very few) might be able to implement the guidelines but the majority of clubs will not … … which is a big problem going forward 

So there weren't any dressing room criteria guidelines in the document I posted, thanks for confirming that. [emoji6]

We all just need to wait for the Scottish Government and the SFA to tell us what is required for starting, and nobody should be just making assumptions and passing them off as current facts.

Just now, glensmad said:

So there weren't any dressing room criteria guidelines in the document I posted, thanks for confirming that. emoji6.png

We all just need to wait for the Scottish Government and the SFA to tell us what is required for starting, and nobody should be just making assumptions and passing them off as current facts.

Number of people that can meet indoors is a FACT 

Or are you saying a dressing room is somehow different and is NOT indoors 

Number of people that can meet indoors is a FACT 
Or are you saying a dressing room is somehow different and is NOT indoors 
That's the current guidelines. But not necessarily the guidelines which will be in place when stadia can open. Nobody should be making any assumptions, only Nicola Sturgeon can tell us.

2 hours ago, juventus said:

Which seems pretty reasonable to me. I just see Sturgeon taking a far tougher stance up here than what we are seeing in the rest of the UK though. Look at her grandstanding with the Aberdeen outbreak ''all bets are off'' if footballers don't behave. 

She's on a power trip.