League season

51 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Players turn up in their kit,or change in their cars. They then go home to shower,taking their kit with them.

Not everyone drives.

51 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Away clubs may have to hire a bigger bus to keep socially distanced,easy enough.

Which goes to additional cost. I didn't pay much attention to the EPL restart but I remember  in the pre-match build up to one of the first games back about a club taking two coaches so they could social distance.

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

It's bad enough wearing a face covering in a shop for half an hour. I dont think I would be at the football if you had to wear one.

Would you really rather abandon the season than adhere to a few rules?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Just now, andy25 said:

Never mentioned abandoning the season.
Only said I wouldn't be there if you were to wear face coverings

It will come to a point teams will be asked to deliver a set of compromise rules to get a season started. Non league football is not viable without paying crowds.

If you're attitude is prevalent among supporters, the season won't last long. If it starts.

Players turn up in their kit,or change in their cars. They then go home to shower,taking their kit with them. Sure the referee and linesmen can sort themselves out as well. Fans are the 2m apart all around the ground, be sensible please ! Would you wear a mask to the game ? No need to use cramped changing rooms. Away clubs may have to hire a bigger bus to keep socially distanced,easy enough. Catering ? sure that can be worked out safely. If season starts in October,why can't you play midweek games straight away ?

So called professional football, part of the pyramid system and your going to ask men to turn up in their car with their strip on? Couldn’t think of anything more embarrassing for this grade of football.

So called professional football, part of the pyramid system and your going to ask men to turn up in their car with their strip on? Couldn’t think of anything more embarrassing for this grade of football.
Are you seriously suggesting it would have been different in the juniors ?

The North Caledonian League have split into 2 leagues of 7 for the season, if Covid permits they'll add on Cups for more fixtures. Hoping to start in October. Average crowd is 30 but I think that's the default minimum, usually that would include both teams and officials. Can't see them having a hissy fit about changing on the bus or in their cars if necessary.

Are you seriously suggesting it would have been different in the juniors ?

Where did I mention the juniors or if things would’ve been different?
I didn’t but If I’m correct even the juniors wouldn’t have let a game go ahead if there wasn’t any showers would they not? Yet it’s suggest now that people turn up, play a game in which could be any weather, and go home in their strips which is just an embarrassment. That was my point.

Where did I mention the juniors or if things would’ve been different?
I didn’t but If I’m correct even the juniors wouldn’t have let a game go ahead if there wasn’t any showers would they not? Yet it’s suggest now that people turn up, play a game in which could be any weather, and go home in their strips which is just an embarrassment. That was my point.
No such instruction has been made.

No such instruction has been made.

I know it hasn’t. That’s why in my original post I intimated to the guy that his suggestion of players coming stripped was an embarrassment, an embarrassment to the professional level we play at. Then you jumped in with your junior dig, when no one mentioned it. Maybe not so quick off the mark next time [emoji1303]

21 minutes ago, spud4 said:

Yet it’s suggest now that people turn up, play a game in which could be any weather, and go home in their strips which is just an embarrassment. That was my point.

Which has been suggested by a user on an internet forum, and i've seen previously suggested by other users.

I've never seen it suggested by a user affiliated with a club, let alone in any official capacity.

I know it hasn’t. That’s why in my original post I intimated to the guy that his suggestion of players coming stripped was an embarrassment, an embarrassment to the professional level we play at. Then you jumped in with your junior dig, when no one mentioned it. Maybe not so quick off the mark next time [emoji1303]
Fair enough, perhaps I misinterpreted your post. [emoji106]

Which has been suggested by a user on an internet forum, and i've seen previously suggested by other users.
I've never seen it suggested by a user affiliated with a club, let alone in any official capacity.

Sadly that’s not true. It was included into a re-start considerations document sent to clubs after conversations with Thomas McKeown Chair of the Grassroots sub committee. So it’s been discussed but as Glensmad said not instructed. So I’d imagine he’s seen the document and seen that it’s a possibility. An embarrassing possibility is my opinion of it.

Is it really embarrassing if clubs, their players, and everyone else concerned with the game do all they possibly can to ensure that games go ahead despite Covid-19? I actually think it shows some forward thinking in addressing very difficult issues.

At the end of the day, whatever the Scottish Government and SFA say has to be done to get our level of football started will be what needs to be done. If people think that whatever the instruction is would be embarrassing for a particular grade of the game then they'd just need to put up with that for a while, or our level of football just won't happen. The rules will be the rules.

The WoSFL have several representatives on the Lowland Pyramid Restart Group, and the group are putting together a co-ordinated plan to get all four organisations (LL/WoSFL/EoSFL/SoSFL) started at the same time and on the same terms. Their guidance is coming from the people who call the shots, i.e. the Scottish Government and the SFA, and representatives from the very top of the SFA have been consulted and even attended one of the LPRG meetings.

Is it really embarrassing if clubs, their players, and everyone else concerned with the game do all they possibly can to ensure that games go ahead despite Covid-19? I actually think it shows some forward thinking in addressing very difficult issues.

For me it is embarrassing to ask men to come to football with their strips on, play a game of football in goodness knows what weather and then travel home to have a shower. If you can’t get changed in a changing room perhaps 22 guys running about a park isn’t the best option either.

What kind of crowd numbers are they talking about allowing into grounds?

At the end of the day, whatever the Scottish Government and SFA say has to be done to get our level of football started will be what needs to be done. If people think that whatever the instruction is would be embarrassing for a particular grade of the game then they'd just need to put up with that for a while, or our level of football just won't happen. The rules will be the rules.

The WoSFL have several representatives on the Lowland Pyramid Restart Group, and the group are putting together a co-ordinated plan to get all four organisations (LL/WoSFL/EoSFL/SoSFL) started at the same time and on the same terms. Their guidance is coming from the people who call the shots, i.e. the Scottish Government and the SFA, and representatives from the very top of the SFA have been consulted and even attended one of the LPRG meetings.

15 minutes ago, spud4 said:

For me it is embarrassing to ask men to come to football with their strips on, play a game of football in goodness knows what weather and then travel home to have a shower. If you can’t get changed in a changing room perhaps 22 guys running about a park isn’t the best option either.

Don't see what would be so terrible about slipping in and out of a track suit and boots and having a shower when they get home, if it's necessary to get a game on.