League season

If we start our season on the 10th of October ( I think that's a date that's been mentioned)...there are about 32/33 Saturdays between then and the end of may, playing a 38 game league program is gonna be difficult. Assuming there is going to be postponements, any cup competitions will be virtually impossible. Also to think about playing SJFA cup matches from last season is mental. Really difficult situation for administrators.

I say all of this not knowing if ANY football will be possible at our level [emoji17]

If the season starts in October, it would be just about possible to squeeze in 38 games, given that some clubs have floodlights and that midweek games can be played from mid April onwards.

The scheduling of the Scottish Junior Cup (last season's remaining fixtures or this coming season's competition) is not in the remit of the WoSFL fixture scheduler. Whoever will be setting dates for the SJC will need to find gaps in the WoSFL schedule and, if 38 games are to be played in the Premier Division, there won't be many (if any) Saturdays available for that.

I thought the clubs have discussed this and there was the potential option of playing a half season +/- a split depending on when the season starts, so you could have anywhere from 19 to 38 games.

Peter are you saying to fit those 38 games in for everyone those with floodlights will have home games midweek?
The teams with floodlights will inevitably be asked to play some games at home in midweek. But it would be grossly unfair on them financially to make it a majority of their home games. But the fixture secretary and the WoSFL board are aware of that.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:
2 hours ago, sctv said:
It would’ve been a better suggestion to go ten ten with both winners playing off.

There are various options, but until a start date is confirmed nothing can be set in stone.

Agreed

I'm sure the WOSFL and Lowland League have worked together to see what options are available with possible start dates.
We have to be aware, Football could be hit if the Scottish government see a rise in spikes of Covid and football may start next year, or start Mid October this year or November etc... 

Nothing can be worked out 100% as we just dont know how and when Covid will league us but I'm sure every eventuality of a start date has been looked at.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

2 hours ago, glensmad said:
2 hours ago, sctv said:
Peter are you saying to fit those 38 games in for everyone those with floodlights will have home games midweek?

The teams with floodlights will inevitably be asked to play some games at home in midweek. But it would be grossly unfair on them financially to make it a majority of their home games. But the fixture secretary and the WoSFL board are aware of that.

How ????? There ain’t going to be any fans at the games

14 minutes ago, andy25 said:

You know that for certain?

No one knows for certain what is going to happen

What does appear to be certain is that this virus thrives in badly ventilated confined spaces with lots of people present.

I’ve been in enough dressing rooms in the West of Scotland over the years to confidently predict that more than 60% of them will not be suitable for use to meet the current guidelines 

Is there any indication yet, from the WoSL, as to when the (provisional) fixture lists are likely to be out?
There is no point in doing that at this stage as the soonest possible season start date is still two months away, and that may change.

I realise everyone is desperate for positive signs, but if you relate that back to a normal season start date in early August, you wouldn't have the fixtures two months beforehand in early June.

Players turn up in their kit,or change in their cars. They then go home to shower,taking their kit with them. Sure the referee and linesmen can sort themselves out as well. Fans are the 2m apart all around the ground, be sensible please ! Would you wear a mask to the game ? No need to use cramped changing rooms. Away clubs may have to hire a bigger bus to keep socially distanced,easy enough. Catering ? sure that can be worked out safely. If season starts in October,why can't you play midweek games straight away ?

Why should you wear a mask if your social distancing?

Players turn up in their kit,or change in their cars. They then go home to shower,taking their kit with them. Sure the referee and linesmen can sort themselves out as well. Fans are the 2m apart all around the ground, be sensible please ! Would you wear a mask to the game ? No need to use cramped changing rooms. Away clubs may have to hire a bigger bus to keep socially distanced,easy enough. Catering ? sure that can be worked out safely. If season starts in October,why can't you play midweek games straight away ?

It's bad enough wearing a face covering in a shop for half an hour. I dont think I would be at the football if you had to wear one.

Bit like wearing one in a shop I guess, doubt if people are climbing all over each other, but just in case. Get your point though, only take a few twats coughing and sneezing. Personally I'd feel safe with the distancing in place.