Dundee Hibernian v Hibernian

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

:huh:

I think they had one opportunity, in the 82nd minute. The rest of the half was spent hoofing it up the park and hoping it would drop to Clark. 

Appreciate that, wasnt talking chances - rather that, had Hibs had the territory / possession in dangerous areas that Utd had - I would be hoping for more. I think they had the ball in better areas. 

Final third a bit meh

Just now, Green Day said:

Appreciate that, wasnt talking chances - rather that, had Hibs had the territory / possession in dangerous areas that Utd had - I would be hoping for more. I think they had the ball in better areas. 

Final third a bit meh

They get plenty men behind the ball and look to attack quickly. Whether they can keep that up with the congested fixtures or over the course of the season remains to be seen. They'd need to be exceptionally fit to do so.

I think Hibs done tonight what any half decent top flight team does, just enough. There only looked to ever be one team scoring. Was that just a (really) bad game from Newell tonight? 

24 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Not bad, United definitely shaded that half, but we looked the better going forward.

Smashing goal by Doidge, and what a cracking player wee Doig is going to be.

Neither keeper had much to do.

I did like Doig. Who would you normally have there?

40 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Not bad, United definitely shaded that half, but we looked the better going forward.

Smashing goal by Doidge, and what a cracking player wee Doig is going to be.

Neither keeper had much to do.

Take it... winning leagues is all about grinding out results when you're not at your best 😉😁

Doig looks really exciting going forward but he needs a lot of work defensively. Bolton skipped past him a few times today but Horgan had tracked back well to cover him. 

I would be using Stevenson against better teams with direct wingers and use Doig in the games where we’re likely to have more possession. 

A nice wee problem for Ross though. I genuinely can’t remember the last time we had competition for Stevenson.

Edited by St. Jude

34 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

They get plenty men behind the ball and look to attack quickly. Whether they can keep that up with the congested fixtures or over the course of the season remains to be seen. They'd need to be exceptionally fit to do so.

I think Hibs done tonight what any half decent top flight team does, just enough. There only looked to ever be one team scoring. Was that just a (really) bad game from Newell tonight? 

We had the ball in the net the same number of times as they did...

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

His worst since Heckingbottom left.  Under Jack Ross, he has generally been a class act in CM - very intelligent footballer with a bit of dig.  Just an off day today.