Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

I know its the usual OF borefest, but is there a reason they have chosen a Celtic home game that isn't against Rangers? I assumed they never did that
Wouldn't surprise me if it was just to even things out. They're showing 3 Rangers games so they absolutely must show 3 Celtic games as well.

27 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
1 hour ago, deej said:
I know its the usual OF borefest, but is there a reason they have chosen a Celtic home game that isn't against Rangers? I assumed they never did that

Wouldn't surprise me if it was just to even things out. They're showing 3 Rangers games so they absolutely must show 3 Celtic games as well.

Can you imagine the uproar if they didn't.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

They didn't do it much when crowds were allowed, but have been a bit more this season. I don't know if the old rule is still in place that they were only allowed to cover two games per season from each ground which is why they were always covering the OF away games and kept the home ones for the cheeks against each other.

The original TV deal was for 48 games with four games from each ground. As part of the negotiations around last season's contract being incomplete and allowing clubs to stream this season, the clubs agreed to allow the SPFL to select more games from any ground (possibly six?) whilst still only showing 48 in total.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Can't wait!

Celtic away to St Mirren is the only one on there that I'd say wouldn't be a decent watch for a neutral. It's miles away from showing us away to Ross County or Celtic at home to Motherwell.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Can't wait!

Tough test for us at Pittodrie,  though if it's still fanless that should play in our favour. 

Hibs and Livi usually take points from them.

Easter road can be a bit kuntish for us at times, another tricky one. 

St Mirren can be quite defensive at home, if celtic are still toiling this could be a good result. 

Cheers for posting something to look forward too.

5 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Celtic away to St Mirren is the only one on there that I'd say wouldn't be a decent watch for a neutral. It's miles away from showing us away to Ross County or Celtic at home to Motherwell.

If you're someone like me, you tune in after missing the first 20 mins to find its 2-0 Rangers. You just switch it off again. 

I'd rather watch a tight game between 2 shite sides. 

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

If you're someone like me, you tune in after missing the first 20 mins to find its 2-0 Rangers. You just switch it off again. 

Sure but there is no guarantee that we will be in as good form as this the whole season. There will be a wobble at least. Pittodrie and Easter Road games always have eventful moments.

I don't think I've watched 90 minutes of a Premiership game not involving Accies since October. I just switch it off as soon as Celtic/Rangers go 1-0 up.

It's probably a bit unlucky that Sky haven't covered any of Celtic's hilarious games and Rangers are just beating everybody, but when there's absolutely no variety in the games they show, you don't want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Sadly, though, their recent selections probably show how shite the viewing numbers were when they showed other teams earlier in the season.

You could argue that Aberdeen and Hibs will give Rangers decent games in the fight to be best of the rest, so decent choices but the league is already over, so why the need to pander to the masses and show the meaningless Celtic games.? 

Surely the fight for European places and the relegation battle deserve some attention too. 

At least there's another scudding at Fir Park by Rangers for us 'Well fans to' enjoy', so there's always that I suppose 🙄

Another thing is that it's absolutely shite that Celtic fans will have had to fork out next to nothing on PPV, and Rangers fans will have spent around half (maybe less) than fans of every other team.

This all excludes season tickets.

Aye I’m the same, don’t like to watch a rangers/Celtic training exercise. I enjoy BBC Scotland’s coverage of championship football more than Sky Sports premiership coverage.

If only BT Sport could’ve stumped up the money...

Aye I’m the same, don’t like to watch a rangers/Celtic training exercise. I enjoy BBC Scotland’s coverage of championship football more than Sky Sports premiership coverage.

If only BT Sport could’ve stumped up the money...
They would've picked the exact same games but dressed it up better. We would've maybe got Friday night games though.

They would've picked the exact same games but dressed it up better. We would've maybe got Friday night games though.

No matter who we go with they’re going to show the majority of Rangers and Celtic’s away games unfortunately but I think BT Sport at least tried to throw in a non old firm game every now and then.

You could say the same about Sky Sports at the start of the season but that was only because the English leagues hadn’t started yet, since they have I wonder how many non old firm ties have been shown.

I remember in the second half of the 14/15 season BT Sport had put on:
Motherwell vs Hamilton (4-0)
Motherwell vs St Mirren (5-0)
Motherwell vs Kilmarnock (3-1)
They put on others as well but I can’t remember the ones not involving Motherwell off the top of my head. My point is, would Sky Sports put any of these games on if they were being played this weekend? Of course not.

32 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

You could argue that Aberdeen and Hibs will give Rangers decent games in the fight to be best of the rest, so decent choices but the league is already over, so why the need to pander to the masses and show the meaningless Celtic games.? 

Surely the fight for European places and the relegation battle deserve some attention too. 

At least there's another scudding at Fir Park by Rangers for us 'Well fans to' enjoy', so there's always that I suppose 🙄

Because they care only about viewing figures. They don't care about any of the things you've mentioned. It's viewing figures only.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Tough test for us at Pittodrie,  though if it's still fanless that should play in our favour. 

I've heard a few times, and not just from Rangers fans, that having  no fans is good for Rangers. I'd have thought the opposite, if only for the effect on ref's decisions. Why is this supposed to help your lot? 

34 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Another thing is that it's absolutely shite that Celtic fans will have had to fork out next to nothing on PPV, and Rangers fans will have spent around half (maybe less) than fans of every other team.

But when it's on your clubs ppv the whole thing is biased towards your own side, which can make it more enjoyable whereas Sky.... Hang on, i haven't thought this though 

35 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Indeed. Getting excited already.