Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

Sky have apologised for the tweet apparently.

Have also stated they will outline to Aberdeen what they intend to do to promote the Scottish game.

(No mention that they also played the video just before the game...)

"The apology has been accepted by the club. Sky Sports also outlined its plans and ambitions for the future of Scottish football and will work with Aberdeen to deliver these over the period of the exclusive contract with the SPFL”

Nothing will change obviously.

29 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Sky have apologised for the tweet apparently

Thing is, someone or some people made the decision that this was acceptable pre match. 

I had to check their feed for the "Aberdeen" version which obvs didn't exist.

For me, an apology after Cormack's complaint is meaningless when the person/people doing their social media are so embedded in the "Old Firm" that they just didn't see how one eyed the tweet was at the time.

Minor thing, but after been given the Primetime evening slots in August, I see Sky have punted the Premiership back to 12pm on a Sunday for eternity now.

Two reasons for this, 1) It doesn't clash with any English games so games can be on Main Event and Football and 2) it's the back-up slot as games involving the OF (which is every Sky Game) are getting moved to Sunday due to Europa League Commitments

Definitely feel this will hurt the viewing figures. Which have been around 250K a game so far.

• 4 weeks later...
How is it possible to know who some of those youngsters are but not know one of them? I thought it would all be on the team sheet.

The boring answer will be that one of them wasn't in their system, probably because he wasn't originally included in Aberdeen's squad at the start of the season or something like that.

17 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The boring answer will be that one of them wasn't in their system, probably because he wasn't originally included in Aberdeen's squad at the start of the season or something like that.

Yeah the SPFL publish squad number lists to send to media companies and scoring apps. Youth players are often omitted.

Sky wouldn't have been the only app like that yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Can't wait!

I know its the usual OF borefest, but is there a reason they have chosen a Celtic home game that isn't against Rangers? I assumed they never did that

2 minutes ago, deej said:

I know its the usual OF borefest, but is there a reason they have chosen a Celtic home game that isn't against Rangers? I assumed they never did that

They didn't do it much when crowds were allowed, but have been a bit more this season. I don't know if the old rule is still in place that they were only allowed to cover two games per season from each ground which is why they were always covering the OF away games and kept the home ones for the cheeks against each other.