Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

Fair play to Sky for giving the SWPL Cup Final proper coverage earlier. 

The league games the BBC show online only have a couple of cameras, and even Alba stick to the same setup as their delayed Premiership games, with only 5 cameras. 

13 minutes ago, The Master said:

Fair play to Sky for giving the SWPL Cup Final proper coverage earlier

Aye, the Sky coverage was good.

Rangers have brought a huge amount of professionalism to their women's team.

Sadly the Rangers Ultras also brought their pathetic sectarianism to the Womens Cup final.

It's just a daft wee copy and paste error, they'll have had the graphic prepared for Hibs' previous away game against us and just pasted the Rangers badge over the top, which I presume is pretty much how all the slides are dealt with. However, they've obviously accidentally hit "send to back" by mistake.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

It's just a daft wee copy and paste error, they'll have had the graphic prepared for Hibs' previous away game against us and just pasted the Rangers badge over the top, which I presume is pretty much how all the slides are dealt with. However, they've obviously accidentally hit "send to back" by mistake.

But it's all the time.

10 hours ago, Dunty said:

And only appears to happen to Scottish games.

How much attention do we pay to their English Championship highlights or social media coverage as soon as it goes up? I'd guess they f**k up that regularly as well. I just think it's better to focus on the many, many proper ignorant examples rather than this sort of silly mistake where you can see exactly how it happened.

On 17/12/2022 at 10:29, craigkillie said:

How much attention do we pay to their English Championship highlights or social media coverage as soon as it goes up? I'd guess they f**k up that regularly as well. I just think it's better to focus on the many, many proper ignorant examples rather than this sort of silly mistake where you can see exactly how it happened.

Agree with this. Also in the Terrible Journalism thread when folk pull up the live Saturday feed on the BBC Scotland website for getting a score the wrong way round, or a player for the wrong team.

That's somebody sitting typing that up with maybe four or five people talking to them at the same time, multiple things happening in different games. There are going to be times someone types Ross County 2-1 St Johnstone instead of Ross County 1-2 St Johnstone. It's not Terrible Journalism, it's a mistake under pressure.

We have plenty of genuine gripes with Sky or with Scottish fitba journalism. Someone putting the wrong badge up by accident or typing the wrong thing when operating quickly isn't an issue, imo.

10 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Agree with this. Also in the Terrible Journalism thread when folk pull up the live Saturday feed on the BBC Scotland website for getting a score the wrong way round, or a player for the wrong team.

That's somebody sitting typing that up with maybe four or five people talking to them at the same time, multiple things happening in different games. There are going to be times someone types Ross County 2-1 St Johnstone instead of Ross County 1-2 St Johnstone. It's not Terrible Journalism, it's a mistake under pressure.

We have plenty of genuine gripes with Sky or with Scottish fitba journalism. Someone putting the wrong badge up by accident or typing the wrong thing when operating quickly isn't an issue, imo.

Ditto.

Major issues are more like the fact that Ian Crocker and Andy Walker are still on Sky's coverage, the fact Sky doesn't even fill their commitment of matches, the pitiful highlights offering and complete lack of magazine show.

19 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Getting basic facts wrong is terrible journalism. 

37 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I see the latest games to be covered by Sky have been announced including Motherwell v Hearts.

Unsurprisingly none of our away games are there meaning we go into the SIXTEENTH year since Sky last covered a Saints away game.

c***s

I always thought that you were a Partick Thistle fan.

Apologies. 

12 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I see the latest games to be covered by Sky have been announced including Motherwell v Hearts.

Unsurprisingly none of our away games are there meaning we go into the SIXTEENTH year since Sky last covered a Saints away game.

c***s

Good that someone's keeping count.

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Full midweek card of games including five tonight and not one selected for TV coverage. 

It's a disgrace. There should be a clause in these contracts that allows BBC Scotland to show games that aren't going to be shown on Sky etc. The SPFL do a rotten job of promoting the game.