Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

Not many will have noticed this but the half hour build up and first half of the St Johnstone v Celtic match was on Sky Sports main event, then the Second half was shunted over to Channel 408 or something so they could switch to the build up of an EPL game that was still a fucking hour away from kick off. 😠

5 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Not many will have noticed this but the half hour build up and first half of the St Johnstone v Celtic match was on Sky Sports main event, then the Second half was shunted over to Channel 408 or something so they could switch to the build up of an EPL game that was still a fucking hour away from kick off. 😠

The whole game was on Sky Sports Football. 

Main Event is one of the most pointless channels ever. 

Main Event was launched to hinder BT when they were buying up rights all over the place. It put BT in a position where they couldn't guarantee which games would be shown on their platform with a Sky subscription as BT were only entitled to sell the Sky Sport Football channel and thus if you wanted to guarantee that you'd get access to all the EPL content then you should get a Sky (Or Virgin) TV package instead of BT's offering.

It's proven as you say, to be utterly pointless in the long run though.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TonyFerrino said:

What the actual f**k is that all about?  That shite should be on Celtic TV and not a supposed impartial broadcasters Twitter.

It’s actually shocking.

Has had the effect of indirectly riling up a load of **** on twitter though, so not all bad I guess.

On 04/10/2020 at 18:44, Ludo*1 said:

Main Event was launched to hinder BT when they were buying up rights all over the place. It put BT in a position where they couldn't guarantee which games would be shown on their platform with a Sky subscription as BT were only entitled to sell the Sky Sport Football channel and thus if you wanted to guarantee that you'd get access to all the EPL content then you should get a Sky (Or Virgin) TV package instead of BT's offering.

It's proven as you say, to be utterly pointless in the long run though.

Not quite true. 

It was Main Event that was originally only available on BT because Sky are legally obliged to offer all “premium” content to other platforms. ME was the way of doing that in as minimal a way as possible. 

So it was possible to get all of Sky’s Premier League games via BT, except when two were on at once (i.e. last day of the season). 

But BT now carry Now TV with the full Sky Sports lineup, which is what has rendered Main Event pointless. 

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Phoned up sky to see if I could get Sports for a month to take in the Scotland games. After a bit of negotiations got a 6 month deal for £20 a month feel that was a good deal. 

It certainly was for them who upsold you 5 months of their pish content

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It certainly was for them who upsold you 5 months of their pish content

Depends some premiership teams take the piss with their charges for away fans. I dont bother watching away games live . Can watch our away game the next day ether full match or highlights . So £20 for all Sky sports is a no brainer for me. Fully understand it's not for everyone.