Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

13 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Not sure the blackout makes any difference to crowd numbers. From my point of view it would be horrendous if they reintroduce it. Been getting to watch most Bankies home games on live streams and if the blackout is brought back in that will stop. There’s a couple of hundred quid a year lost to the game, and plenty of others will be in the same situation.

The blackout is domestic only - there would be no restriction on broadcasting outside of the UK.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

The blackout is domestic only - there would be no restriction on broadcasting outside of the UK.

Yes, but I’m not sure it would be worth their while broadcasting for the 5 or 6 non UK based subscribers. As far as I know most of the folk paying for Bankies TV are Scottish based.

12 hours ago, johnnydun said:

They should move the Saturday games to a 5.15pm KO just for a laugh.

TBF, I have been saying for years that they need to move the Juvenile and Amateur KO times so they do not clash with the SPFL times, it would mean hundreds of extra supporters would be able to go and watch. Missed revenue imo.

If any The Caley game was ever moved to 5.15pm on a Saturday there's is absolutely zero chance of me leaving the pub to go to it.  Luckily I wont have that problem right guys!

Not sure the blackout makes any difference to crowd numbers. From my point of view it would be horrendous if they reintroduce it. Been getting to watch most Bankies home games on live streams and if the blackout is brought back in that will stop. There’s a couple of hundred quid a year lost to the game, and plenty of others will be in the same situation.
Due to me working most weekends I'm unable to attend games as often as I'd like but I'm able to get the stream on at work in the background so I've not missed a Livi game this season. I'd genuinely be gutted if they blocked my ability to watch Livi v Ross County on the Saturday because they're showing Rangers v Motherwell on the Sunday

42 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It would be interesting to know PPV viewing figures in the past two seasons. Don’t think it’s ever been released? 

I bet it has been a boost for club income. I have watched every away game for Dundee this season by PPV through the away teams site (Apart from the OF), it has been great to do this and I don't see how broadcasters benefit by stopping this at 3pm on a Saturday when nobody shows them live in the UK anyway.

It's not like it's going to tempt me to get Sky to watch 3 mins of Dundee highlights every week.

32 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I bet it has been a boost for club income. I have watched every away game for Dundee this season by PPV through the away teams site (Apart from the OF), it has been great to do this and I don't see how broadcasters benefit by stopping this at 3pm on a Saturday when nobody shows them live in the UK anyway.

It's not like it's going to tempt me to get Sky to watch 3 mins of Dundee highlights every week.

I don't doubt it would bring in a bit of additional income, how much though I suppose would depend on any additional costs associated with it.

For example teams may need to hire additional tech/commentary staff plus any associated costs with broadcasting and the platform upkeep.

All of that may already have been in place if teams were already broadcasting abroad of course, it's just one of those things we don't really know a lot about.

Edited by AJF

15 hours ago, johnnydun said:

They should move the Saturday games to a 5.15pm KO just for a laugh.

TBF, I have been saying for years that they need to move the Juvenile and Amateur KO times so they do not clash with the SPFL times, it would mean hundreds of extra supporters would be able to go and watch. Missed revenue imo.

I think the onus here should be on the amateurs though. I played for years and I would have been perfectly happy to have played at 11, 12 or 1pm instead of the standard 2pm. I don't know how many it would add to the gates though, a lot of amateur sides go back to the pub together and you'd still have to be playing within a fairly close distance to the game you want to attend.

25 minutes ago, ahemps said:

I think the onus here should be on the amateurs though. I played for years and I would have been perfectly happy to have played at 11, 12 or 1pm instead of the standard 2pm. I don't know how many it would add to the gates though, a lot of amateur sides go back to the pub together and you'd still have to be playing within a fairly close distance to the game you want to attend.

They are all part of the SFA, so I would say it's on them. An 11am KO would give folk plenty time to travel for a 3pm imo. The guys that play amateur all support clubs. It might only get a couple of hundred extra through the gate per association area, but at £25 a ticket that's an extra £5k a week for clubs.

On 06/04/2022 at 22:23, craigkillie said:

RTV are not even subtle about it. Most games include Nord VPN promotions. 

Every Rangers game is available except for European games if you live out with the UK or you have a VPN. I’m sure there will be other clubs with same service. It will surprise no one that I never watch Sky coverage of our games. 

1 hour ago, the jambo-rocker said:

So much riding on todays games, but nah all sky sports decide to show is Rangers away to St Mirren. That's what really matters

Blame Doncaster. He agreed the deal. The ‘5 games from a stadium’ rule is a joke! 

I've said for years that Killie should sponsor the Ayrshire amateur league, tie in training for the select guys, first option of signature etc and give all signed players entry for say a fiver (subject to non abuse and ID) and let them kick off at 11/12. 

On 07/04/2022 at 13:00, ahemps said:

Hardly any of the old “traditional” Saturday afternoon amateur football left in Dundee any more, just a handful of teams in the league with only 2 or 3 actually from the city itself. There’s been a big change to Saturday mornings so most of those guys could go to Tannadice or Dens if they wanted.

Spoiler

But I think most of them just go to the pub and get on the gear. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

4 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

The last games of the season for the bottom six sides all kick off at 12pm on a Sunday because Sky Sports *might* bother their arse to televise one of them.

That shouldn't really bother a top 6 team like Aber....   oh right enough, down with that sort of programming.