Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has already been posted but it's a great thread. He's put together a lot of examples.

A lot of good examples there but I can sort of accept they're changing captions all the time and mistakes can happen. The debate about calling Ryan Fraser up to the England squad is something else though.

England will absolutely win their group. They are rightly the highest seeded and strongest team in it. In the last two major tournaments they reached a final and semi final. They've been on a mad unbeaten run. They are clearly a very strong team.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I've spent the past three days shaking my head at Scottish football. VAR, Colts, play-off final on a Monday night. Just stupid decisions that make things worse for the fans.

Really don't think that's too bad actually.

Monday night in May sounds pretty decent actually.

14 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I've spent the past three days shaking my head at Scottish football. VAR, Colts, play-off final on a Monday night. Just stupid decisions that make things worse for the fans.

An odd choice to have a picture of Dundee. Surely better to illustrate the story with a team likely to be playing.

36 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

Can't see it - they'd make the league 14 teams instead of relegating Aberdeen ;) 

Some people think we benefit from this but you realise we’ve been dreadful for about 25 years safe in the knowledge we’ll never be relegated. 

Being the establishment club has held us back. 

On 02/04/2022 at 22:40, DA Baracus said:

England will absolutely win their group. They are rightly the highest seeded and strongest team in it. In the last two major tournaments they reached a final and semi final. They've been on a mad unbeaten run. They are clearly a very strong team.

They are indeed a strong team.

But looking specifically at their chances of winning the WC/getting to the final (which is what SSN were plotting), then although their progress in the last two major tournaments as well as qualifiers/friendlies can't be overlooked, neither can their failures to beat fellow strong teams at tournaments.

England tend to be true to form/fine at disposing of run of the mill teams (or the occasional draw such as with us) but when it comes to the likes of Italy or Belgium (I am loathe to pluralise them), when they meet these top 5 or top 10 teams in tournaments they are more often than not found wanting....

On 01/04/2022 at 23:19, Thenorthernlight said:

You mean Kris Boyd 

It’s like he gets halfway through his sentence & forgets what he was going to say, & makes the second half up.

I love big Boydy and I just laugh at his whole Rangers schtick however you’ve absolutely nailed it here. He does that every game at least once.

41 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

They should move the Saturday games to a 5.15pm KO just for a laugh.

TBF, I have been saying for years that they need to move the Juvenile and Amateur KO times so they do not clash with the SPFL times, it would mean hundreds of extra supporters would be able to go and watch. Missed revenue imo.

52 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

The clause in the contract with Sky is nonsense anyway.

The regular live games aren’t available via PPV, so what possible reason could Sky have for wanting to block other games being made available?

Edited by The Master

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Not sure the blackout makes any difference to crowd numbers. From my point of view it would be horrendous if they reintroduce it. Been getting to watch most Bankies home games on live streams and if the blackout is brought back in that will stop. There’s a couple of hundred quid a year lost to the game, and plenty of others will be in the same situation.

1 hour ago, The Master said:
The clause in the contract with Sky is nonsense anyway.
The regular live games aren’t available via PPV, so what possible reason could Sky have for wanting to block other games being made available?

They paid for exclusive broadcast rights, and the success of any club broadcasting endeavours could lead to a potential competitor for them down the line. It's like saying, "Sky have only picked 48 games, why don't the SPFL just let BT Sport show some other ones".

Is it even profitable for the clubs anyway? I'd guess Killie might sell, what, 100-200 PPV streams for an average game?

Edited by craigkillie