Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

Am I the only person who doesn't want hours of pre match build up or so called expert analysis and basically just wants to watch 90 minutes of fitba without pundits talking pish.

I agree with this, on to see the team line ups before ko, turn over for half time, off just after full time.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Am I the only person who doesn't want hours of pre match build up or so called expert analysis and basically just wants to watch 90 minutes of fitba without pundits talking pish.

Probably not, but less production should mean cheaper subscription package 

Edited by Clown Job

The only reason I can think of the piss poor coverage is that they never actually knew who would be playing who until the Wales v Austria game was out of the way on Thursday. Might’ve left them too little time to get things in place for both matches but I’m not sure how these things work.

Surely if a squad of Scotland fans could make the trip at short notice then Sky could’ve done much better.

3 hours ago, bennett said:

He of the Dundee United supporting avatar is dead right. All that mince is there as empty space filling  - what else to do between games other than have taking heads. Plus it helps justify the ludicrous fees paid to the pundits. Which is why most MatchoftheDay programme time is overpaid BBC ex-pros explaining what might have happened/what didn't happen/what difference a different lineup would have made. Making it both the dullest and probably most expensive football TV experience known to man. Or woman.

You know the KO time. You know when to turn on. And then off.

22 hours ago, bennett said:

While I totally agree with you, I think the taking the piss point is that the England game was given the big build up and the other home nations weren't. 

If the England game just had the commentators on 5 mins before and after the game, I'd say this is probably set up for a friendly.

But they roll out the red carpet for everything to do with England and their sycophantic obsession with how great they think the EPL is while other leagues/nations get the absolute bare minimum.

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

While I totally agree with you, I think the taking the piss point is that the England game was given the big build up and the other home nations weren't. 

If the England game just had the commentators on 5 mins before and after the game, I'd say this is probably set up for a friendly.

But they roll out the red carpet for everything to do with England and their sycophantic obsession with how great they think the EPL is while other leagues/nations get the absolute bare minimum.

While the fans are paying the same subscription fee 

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

While the fans are paying the same subscription fee 

I agree with that but sky would probably claim that a lot of Scottish fitba fans also watch EPL games.

An opt out of EPL games would suit me as I rarely watch their games.

43 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

As if to emphasis earlier points, this is Sky Sports' website main page.

Scotland and Wales also in this draw, but its nothing more than a footnote.

Screenshot_20220401-161508_Chrome.jpg

“There are some difficult teams in each pot.

Pot 2 contains Netherlands, Germany, Euro 2020 semi-finals Denmark and 2018 World Cup finalists Croatia.

Pot 3 contains Africa Cup of Nations winners Senegal, Robert Lewandowski's Poland and Serbia, who beat Portugal to automatic qualification.

Cameroon and Ghana will be difficult prospects in Pot 4, while Wales, who are ranked 18th in the world, could be there.

Bbc sport not much better…

On 31/03/2022 at 16:49, bennett said:

I agree with that but sky would probably claim that a lot of Scottish fitba fans also watch EPL games.

Chicken and egg situation.

If Sky gave Scottish football the treatment the EPL gets, we got lots of matches on live during the weekend and they were relegated to "whatever other time fits in"........then the English would inevitably watch a lot of Scottish football.

Your opt out point is moot for me, as I just got pissed off and went IPTV.

f**k Sky.

On 30/03/2022 at 16:39, bennett said:

I thought I was the only fan to not want to listen to all the build up  and analysis.

Well said.

5 hours ago, akuram said:

I thought I was the only fan to not want to listen to all the build up  and analysis.

Well said.

You mean Kris Boyd speaking in his nasal whine at 100 mph, with his brain unable to keep up with his mouth, doesn’t appeal?

It’s like he gets halfway through his sentence & forgets what he was going to say, & makes the second half up.

And that c**t is getting paid a good sum for polluting the air with his illiterate drivel. 

Mute. Unmute at KO, mute again 45 minutes later, etc etc. 

13 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

As if to emphasis earlier points, this is Sky Sports' website main page.

Scotland and Wales also in this draw, but its nothing more than a footnote.

Screenshot_20220401-161508_Chrome.jpg

I've just turned SSN on to find them plotting England's route to the Final.