Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

Would love to hear some kind of explanation as to why Sky are doing this. A three way relegation fight with only one safe spot will absolutely generate viewers.
Because they simply don't give 2 fucks.

Chelsea v Arsenal is the only English game on tonight and I couldn't care less but if County v Accies was on I'd definitely be watching that. I'm sure most Scottish football fans would be the same.

If they show a bottom 6 game on the final day then Motherwell v Ross County would be likely because Hamilton are all but down, and County have it in their own hands not to finish 11th. 

Of course, they should really show both relevant games. 

This is very poor from Sky. I realise they have paid their money and can do what they want, but it's a bit shite for fans when the only current option to watch their team is via season ticket or PPV. They showed their contempt of Scottish (and Northern Irish) subscribers with their WC qualifier coverage in March.

Hopefully whoever buys BT Sport is going to get their wallet out for Scottish football.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I'm not sure they'll bother with a bottom six game on the last day now. I really don't understand why they've just given up at the most interesting point of the season.

Because Rangers won the league already and there's no more Old Firm games.

image.thumb.png.7661f1470e84a52819842c967b5972ca.png

I might be wrong here, but shouldn't it be 1st & 2nd - Champions League, 3rd & 4th - Conference League ?

Also f**k knows what play off they have discovered between 1st-6th, and they've got a wee line for 11th with no clue as to what that means. 

Edited by deej

21 hours ago, deej said:

image.thumb.png.7661f1470e84a52819842c967b5972ca.png

I might be wrong here, but shouldn't it be 1st & 2nd - Champions League, 3rd & 4th - Conference League ?

Also f**k knows what play off they have discovered between 1st-6th, and they've got a wee line for 11th with no clue as to what that means. 

Yeah, that's last seasons divisions where 1st was the Champions league 2nd Round and 2nd & 3rd were Europa League 1st Rounds.

Sto assure you  both Rangers and celtic will be in champions league qualifying next season, with Hibs and Aberdeen atl3ast getting those 2 European spots. The issue isn't fully resolved as both hibs and St Johnstone are in the Scottish Cup final but we will have to wait and see in that regard.

Just to be clear the line at 6/7 is to indicate that the league has been split and teams cannot switch sides. I.e. even though Motherwell have more points than Livigston and St Johnstone, they can't go above then.

The 11th place line is to indicated the Relegation play off spot. This is different from the Automatic Relegation spot as the team in 11th will play the Relegation play off semifinal winner in a 2 legged tie.

8 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Yeah, that's last seasons divisions where 1st was the Champions league 2nd Round and 2nd & 3rd were Europa League 1st Rounds.

Sto assure you  both Rangers and celtic will be in champions league qualifying next season, with Hibs and Aberdeen atl3ast getting those 2 European spots. The issue isn't fully resolved as both hibs and St Johnstone are in the Scottish Cup final but we will have to wait and see in that regard.

Just to be clear the line at 6/7 is to indicate that the league has been split and teams cannot switch sides. I.e. even though Motherwell have more points than Livigston and St Johnstone, they can't go above then.

The 11th place line is to indicated the Relegation play off spot. This is different from the Automatic Relegation spot as the team in 11th will play the Relegation play off semifinal winner in a 2 legged tie.

I know how it works but apparently Sky dont think its worth getting right

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Out of curiosity how many games were Sky entitled to show this season and how many have they shown?

They're allowed to show up to 48 Premiership games plus 6 playoff games, they handed back 4 playoff games to the SPFL who sold them to the BBC. So it's 48 + 2, now.

They will have only used 41 of their games come Sunday. Pretty poor considering they used 12 games in August alone. 

Edited by ArabAuslander

Its criminal that they they didn’t televise any on Wednesday night.

Mind you, their beloved Rangers have won the league now so they can ignore Scottish football again until August.

On 12/05/2021 at 20:32, Ron Aldo said:

Chelsea v Arsenal is the only English game on tonight and I couldn't care less but if County v Accies was on I'd definitely be watching that. I'm sure most Scottish football fans would be the same.

What were the viewing figures of Chelsea v Arsenal? 

21 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Think I'll skip the Dons game today with the sycophantic nonsense we'll undoubtedly have to endure.

Gerrard is never manager of the season.

Thanks for the part you've played in making this season more sweeter, your posts usually give me a warm glowing feeling.