Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

If that is it, I've no idea why that is a problem for anyone.

If they were showing Kilmarnock v Ross County for some reason, would you expect them to show McInnes in a Rangers shirt, the racist in a Celtic kit, with "Kilmarnock v Ross County" in small print at the bottom?

12 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

If they were showing Kilmarnock v Ross County for some reason, would you expect them to show McInnes in a Rangers shirt, the racist in a Celtic kit, with "Kilmarnock v Ross County" in small print at the bottom?

I get the point that it is the EPL so no one cares but I don't understand folk ignoring the comparison.

14 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

I get the point that it is the EPL so no one cares but I don't understand folk ignoring the comparison.

Aye, agreed. Would've been fine if they had them in an England shirt or something.

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, agreed. Would've been fine if they had them in an England shirt or something.

Or just not had the smaller pictures at all and trust that the majority of their viewers would understand what they were getting at?

It is a total non issue but it very much screams of trying to persuade Liverpool and Chelsea fans to watch their old heroes in the hope there is a bit of a blow off between the two. Promoting the game in different ways is the entire point of the marketing department I suppose so its fair enough.

The message is ‘two careers forever intertwined’ so they are showing an image of when this was initially the case.

The story may be complete if there was an additional image of them in England strips, but was the issue that ‘they couldn’t play in the same team’.?

I don’t care, no idea why I am getting involved.

13 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Throw in the games when champions league nights are on (as they currently fo with EFL) if they lose EFL rights and pretty quickly, you can see how they could fill a lot of game slots.

Is that possible? Is there still not restrictions on showing top leagues against the Champions league set by UEFA?

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

It's BT Sport, it's the English Premier League, who gives a shit what strip anyone is wearing. It's not only a different League and a different country, the English Premier League is a different sport. No relevance to Scottish football whatsoever. I notice @Clown Job has stayed away from this after his original post.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

It's BT Sport, it's the English Premier League, who gives a shit what strip anyone is wearing. It's not only a different League and a different country, the English Premier League is a different sport. No relevance to Scottish football whatsoever. I notice @Clown Job has stayed away from this after his original post.

I thought it was fairly obvious….

I apologise if you couldn’t understand it

no need for you to get worked up over it, nor worth getting into an argument over 

40 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I thought it was fairly obvious….

I apologise if you couldn’t understand it

no need for you to get worked up over it, nor worth getting into an argument over 

I’m f*ck*ng seething. I just had no idea why a fan of Scottish football would be bothered enough to post that unless I was missing something. But just my brain apparently.

Edited by kingjoey

5 hours ago, LiviLion said:

As far fetched as Kilmarnock v Ross County being on Sky is I'd be very surprised if they never used this to get the OF a mention. 

The more absurd part of BT's coverage of Aston Villa v Everton was commentator Darren Fletcher's suggestion that Gerrard and Lampard previously "sharing a BT Sport studio" was somehow comparable to, if not better than, them playing for England together. 

I always thought that Sky had to give six weeks notice of a game being on if the date/ time changed.

There's been no notification of games on after 3rd September. Most of us have lives out with watching football and need to plan to try to fit football in.

EPL and EFL games are announced way in advance

Not sure either Sky or SPFL  give a toss about those who actually go to games every week 

10 minutes ago, Oldchap said:

I always thought that Sky had to give six weeks notice of a game being on if the date/ time changed.

There's been no notification of games on after 3rd September. Most of us have lives out with watching football and need to plan to try to fit football in.

EPL and EFL games are announced way in advance

Not sure either Sky or SPFL  give a toss about those who actually go to games every week 

Bit easier for the EPL as they know who is in Europe. Even then they have a bunch of TBCs in Ocotber until the European fixtures are confirmed: https://www.premierleague.com/news/2696176

Rangers could be playing on Saturday 10th or Sunday 11th so they need to wait until next Wednesday to confirm that.

UEFA allow each national association a time to do this and the English and Scottish FAs choose these times to protect lower and non-league football. And quite rightly so IMO. Clubs lower down the pyramid and beyond would definitely see their crowds suffer if Rangers/Celtic/English Premier League games were available to watch legally and easily at 3pm.

I think this is bull the people that turn up in lower league at 3 o’clock will turn up at 12 or 5 aswell I don’t think Celtic or rangers affects it at all

Or, the alternative way to cut it is that Sky take up the extra 20 games, but still only show 42 and it works out at £900k per game. Even if they decided to show 50, its still c£750k per game. If they took up the option, then anything 60 games or less is better than the current deal.
The reason they might pay for the extra 20 games is that it blocks entry to other potential new competitors, Viaplay for example, by 'permitting' it, keeps the clubs sweet and if they lose other rights, EFL etc, then they have pretty cheap filler games.
If no one else shows interest, then they don't bid and they still get the games they really want.
£38m would mean the clubs could say they will pretty much meet the £50m per season target and is chicken feed to Sky.
Other consideration is, that presuming we have a pretty stable European coefficient, there will be c6 minimum and potentially 12 non Rangers or Celtic games shifted due to euro qualifiers that could easy be shown as outwith the 3pm Saturday already. Throw in the games when champions league nights are on (as they currently fo with EFL) if they lose EFL rights and pretty quickly, you can see how they could fill a lot of game slots.
Perfect solution is the £38m package all with sky with minimum games chosen or someone like BBC taking up the secondary package for free to air. 

Here is a question the 50 million target is that across the board including overseas rights or is it just domestic right that the target was for ?

1 hour ago, kenrobell said:

I think this is bull the people that turn up in lower league at 3 o’clock will turn up at 12 or 5 aswell I don’t think Celtic or rangers affects it at all

There are already people who will stay in the pub and watch "Jeff and the Boys" rather than take in a local game. You can think its bull all you like but if Rangers/Celtic/Liverpool/whoever were playing at 3pm I'd wager you'd see a few more deciding to do that rather than go to a game, especially in shite weather.