Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

Ridiculous amount of Celtic games on Sky, I've enjoyed the varying games on BBC Scotland this season - away from the OF boredom. They may not get the figures, but I'd rather see important games lower down the spfl. The ppv and streaming has been a godsend for fans unable to attend, even I've done the odd games !

4 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

No as embarrassing as their first tweet that described it as Rd2 of the OF

Yeah, that was a bit odd. Whichever way you try to cut it, how would it ever be round 2? Only think I can think of (and plausible as it is sky) is that some bod down at Sky HQ see's a 2nd league game and equates to England where only play each other twice. Only thing I can think of.

Generally, Sky have only cared about 2 sides all along, but at least they pretended before. Not, they aren't even coy about it. Understand that it will have the highest viewing figures and it is a business after all, but try that down south and see what the fans reaction would be there. 

5 hours ago, johnnydun said:

They really don't give a f**k what the majority of Scottish football fans want.

We should be grateful that Sky have anything to do with the tinpot, weegie  lunacy up here. I’m astonished that they haven’t severed all ties.

9 hours ago, johnnydun said:

They really don't give a f**k what the majority of Scottish football fans want.

Unfortunately, I think the arse-cheek supporting glory hunters probably ARE the majority.

4 hours ago, A96 said:

Unfortunately, I think the arse-cheek supporting glory hunters probably ARE the majority.

I’ve often wondered what the split of supporters in Scotland is.

25% Rangers, 20% Celtic, 55% everyone else.  Or is it even more imbalanced?

8 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

We should be grateful that Sky have anything to do with the tinpot, weegie  lunacy up here. I’m astonished that they haven’t severed all ties.

100% Sky have been holding back Scottish Fitba since the early 90's.

SHOW ME THE MONEY.

I know you know, you're a p***k, but f**k it.

As a league we don't and never had a media/TV that's is heavily Englishist, 2nd class. Keep them that way, send the worst commentator, make it tin pot, laugh, point. 

Never say it good/great, only mention Celtic/Sevco as the best, 

sorry if heard some bad language 'you c**t'

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I’ve often wondered what the split of supporters in Scotland is.

25% Rangers, 20% Celtic, 55% everyone else.  Or is it even more imbalanced?

Do you mean supporters or people who follow certain teams on the TV?

The Sky argument would go something along the lines of "we always get bigger audiences for matches involving Rangers and Celtic than those matches where neither are involved"

Its difficult to argue against that point, on the basis that there are so few of the latter to compare with the former.

It is similar to the laughable argument that used to be trotted out by Peter Lawell that other clubs needed to provide more of a challenge...............while simultaneously sending lowball offers into competitor clubs for their best assets.

If the argument is that Sky get more viewers for Celtoic and Rangers than they do for the rest, then whjy don't they only show Man Utd and Liverpool games down south? Why bother showing utter dug meat like Brentford vs Burnley as part of a "super Sunday".

They don't give a f**k about Scottish football and have done nothing but hurt our game for decades.