Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

Having real crowd noise and fake crowd noise at the same time was very annoying last night.
It was probably to drown out all the swearing. I felt like Ian Crocker was having to apologise every couple of minutes [emoji23].

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Does showing the English women’s football and games like Bolton v Burton in UHD count as taking the piss when they don’t do the same for the SPFL?
Do the people who do the cameras work for sky or are they based in Scotland? Scotland have always been last though for Sky, back when widescreen was rolled out for English football we were still stuck with 4:3 for a season or two.

5 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
8 minutes ago, The Master said:
Does showing the English women’s football and games like Bolton v Burton in UHD count as taking the piss when they don’t do the same for the SPFL?

Do the people who do the cameras work for sky or are they based in Scotland? Scotland have always been last though for Sky, back when anamorphic widescreen was rolled out for English football we were still stuck with 4:3 for a season or two.

Like most broadcasters they outsource the actual production, presumably by awarding a contract to an OB provider.

There’s no reason why that contract can’t stipulate UHD. 

11 hours ago, scmwell said:

Does anybody actually watch tv on anything but HD these days? Football is virtually unwatchable on SD I honestly think they make it deliberately shite so you have to upgrade.

Yes i do. 

I do have a colour set though so it's easy to tell the teams apart. 

I don't believe HD will make either the Dons or Scotland any good. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Anyone know why there are no games picked for Sky Sports on the weekend of the 16th of October? All games that weekend are showing as being at 3pm on the Saturday. 

Simply a case of Sky not picking a game that weekend because they have Swansea v Cardiff in the Sunday noon slot.

Same for the midweek round on the 27th. There’s nothing scheduled for then, but there will be English League Cup ties. 

So basically it’s a case of Scottish football playing second fiddle to the EFL and its Cup. 

In some ways, though, it’s good news for Motherwell and Hibs who play Celtic on those days. They’ll get a decent amount of PPV income.

Same with us next week when we welcome “Rangers” on Saturday at 3pm. I had to do a double take when I saw that. 

Edited by The Master

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2021 at 14:40, Clown Job said:

No televised games this weekend

Some deal

They showed the Wales derby instead as it probably would've got more viewers than a non-Old Firm Scottish game.  That's how they operate.

They only have 43 games so even if they used them all which they didn’t last season then there’s always going to be a good few weeks where they show nothing. The TV deal isn’t great but the only other option was BT who were offering a lot less to show 20+ more games. The spfl would’ve been crucified if they’d taken that.