Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

31 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

2 points between 3 teams at the bottom of the league. Of course Sky choose to show some meaningless Rangers and Celtic games instead.

They'll obviously announce more,  you'll probably get a few relegation dogfight games and maybe games for the Europa places if Livingston get close to the sheep.

Even not accounting for that, Sky have never pretended to be anything else, and have no obligation to be anything else.

If others were willing to give the deal that they were, then maybe others would get more care. They weren't willing to though. So it ended up being Sky.

Another SPFL 'Greatest Games' yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see Aberdeen v Rangers from 2017.

'Ah this is the cracker from 16/17 where future Leicester and England star James Maddison scores a wonderful free-kick right at the death'  You know, a bit of a narrative to the game, and it was a cracker of a game as I remember.

No, its a game from 17/18, a completely nothing 2-1 win for Rangers.  Boring as fuck. If it's not an Old Firm they show then it has to be a game where Celtic or Rangers win.

20 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Need to show all the games between the bottom three IMO.

I reckon Sky will go for:

Killie-County
Aberdeen-Celtic
Hibs-Celtic
Livi-Aberdeen
Aberdeen-Hibs
Livi-Rangers
Accies-Killie

St Mirren still only been on Sky once this season, can’t see this changing before the end of the season. 

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Another SPFL 'Greatest Games' yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see Aberdeen v Rangers from 2017.

'Ah this is the cracker from 16/17 where future Leicester and England star James Maddison scores a wonderful free-kick right at the death'  You know, a bit of a narrative to the game, and it was a cracker of a game as I remember.

No, its a game from 17/18, a completely nothing 2-1 win for Rangers.  Boring as f**k. If it's not an Old Firm they show then it has to be a game where Celtic or Rangers win.

I've seen them show the Livi - Rangers game where Dolly Menga scored the winner once...just before the two teams met again

On 22/03/2021 at 17:27, bennett said:

They'll obviously announce more,  you'll probably get a few relegation dogfight games and maybe games for the Europa places if Livingston get close to the sheep.

St Johnstone are only 4 points behind Livingston so the gap from 5th to 6th is smaller than the gap from Livingston to Aberdeen.

Saints are very much looking at catching Livingston who have been in poor form since the start of February.

I think what happens in the Scottish cup will determine how vital the 5th place actually is.

On 23/03/2021 at 09:20, TheScarf said:

No, its a game from 17/18, a completely nothing 2-1 win for Rangers.  Boring as f**k. If it's not an Old Firm they show then it has to be a game where Celtic or Rangers win.

So instead of one 2-1 win they showed another . Also the 2-1 game in question wasn’t really any more boring or entertaining than the other one . 

from my memory the game had a sending off which was a huge talking point for a good period after the game and also took place against the backdrop of McInnes possibly going to Rangers that week whilst us and Aberdeen being separated by only a few points for 2nd place. It wasn’t really a nothing game 

Edited by Forever_blueco

On 23/03/2021 at 13:44, DumbartonBud said:

St Mirren still only been on Sky once this season, can’t see this changing before the end of the season. 

Yet  another season when we haven't had an away league game on Sky.

And the charlatans phone me and want me to pay them upto £100 a month.

f**k off.

11 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yet  another season when we haven't had an away league game on Sky.

And the charlatans phone me and want me to pay them upto £100 a month.

f**k off.

Bet this is the case for lots of clubs. I cant remember last time one of our away games was on Sky.

BT would spread the games around but obviously didnt pay enough.

12 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

So instead of one 2-1 win they showed another . Also the 2-1 game in question wasn’t really any more boring or entertaining than the other one . 

from my memory the game had a sending off which was a huge talking point for a good period after the game and also took place against the backdrop of McInnes possibly going to Rangers that week whilst us and Aberdeen being separated by only a few points for 2nd place. It wasn’t really a nothing game 

Well that’s all very good, but in one Aberdeen won, and in the other Aberdeen lost. No contest which one most people want to see. (That’s normal people, not we are the people.)

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Well that’s all very good, but in one Aberdeen won, and in the other Aberdeen lost. No contest which one most people want to see. (That’s normal people, not we are the people.)

I get that point. But to say it was a routine nothing game when it wasn’t .

the only routine thing about was the Glasgow Rangers once again leaving pittodrie with 3 points 😎

Edited by Forever_blueco

8 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I get that point. But to say it was a routine nothing game when it wasn’t .

the only routine thing about was the Glasgow Rangers once again leaving pittodrie with 3 points 😎

Beat us twice in a few days with our manager planning his first Rangers team selection...and still finished behind us.

On 23/03/2021 at 01:45, Andre Drazen said:

Even not accounting for that, Sky have never pretended to be anything else, and have no obligation to be anything else.

If others were willing to give the deal that they were, then maybe others would get more care. They weren't willing to though. So it ended up being Sky.

Back in 98/99 - the first season of weekly live games - there was a half hearted attempt at being impartial. Not all Old Firm games were live, for example (the November game was a Saturday 3pm kickoff). 

And I'm sure one of the first games was a horror Dundee-St Johnstone 0-0 draw. 

I'm pretty sure the BBC were the first to do the Old Firm away game trick, when they got the rights in 2002. 

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Beat us twice in a few days with our manager planning his first Rangers team selection...and still finished behind us.

Yet I only recall one of us playing in the following season Europa league group stages 

52953085-3232-4DCA-B7CE-EF3760F117E5.png

Edited by Forever_blueco

4 hours ago, tamba_trio said:

Back in 98/99 - the first season of weekly live games - there was a half hearted attempt at being impartial. Not all Old Firm games were live, for example (the November game was a Saturday 3pm kickoff). 

And I'm sure one of the first games was a horror Dundee-St Johnstone 0-0 draw. 

I'm pretty sure the BBC were the first to do the Old Firm away game trick, when they got the rights in 2002. 

We won that one 1-0 to be fair... in the pre-redeveloped Dens days.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I remember that.

Philip Scott was it? In the pissing rain?

Correct. We did a year or two before (the 96-97 season) have a game televised that was a total disaster. We were absolutely romping the First Division and scoring for fun (including a 7-2 thumping of Dundee - any reason to bring that up). Sky decided that having Saints on TV could really brighten up their schedule because we were so good to watch at the time.

We drew 0-0 against Partick Thistle in probably the most boring game of that season. Sky opted not to repeat the experiment.