Kilmarnock V Celtic

Fair fucks to Kilmarnock had them down as bottom 6 this season but were organised as f**k.

We need a brute striker in our squad to roughen up Julien before these sort of games. He so used to dominating players when he does come up against somebody who matches him he doesnt know what to do.

Also wtf was Lennon doing bringing boli on as our last sub. Was a cagey game with no space.

If anyone expected the road to 10 to be easy then hopefully that’s opened their eyes.

unsure why we have gone back to 1 up top, we looked so much better with 2 up top and 3 at the back.

Julien had a mare but shit happens to better than him just look at Varane so we deffo need another centre half to shore that up. Still unsure on Taylor he can’t seem to beat anyone 1 on 1.

All I can say is thank f**k for Hibs or the Rangers boys would be down the Loudon trying to catch the rona in the hopes of getting the season called 😉

Edited by Jinky67

34 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Did I imaging Lennon on the chewing baccy?

Nope, it actually happened. 

Thought we were good today, Kabamba was brilliant and showed some really nice touches in tight situations.

Millen looks like he wants to be the first choice right back. 

Having Dicker back was a huge plus as it allowed Power and Tish more freedom to close down the opposition. 

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

They stats on the shots from outside and inside the box highlight how well Killie are playing. Shutting Celtic out.

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Its bizarre how Celtic have barely put a cross in the box considering thats where the got all their joy last weekend

When we played Celtic last season we restricted them to shots from outside the box and it was totally ineffective (an extra time deflected goal undid us).

It was a bit odd how they wouldn't swing in crosses, even when they had chances, and instead kept playing it back to the middle, looking for a way through, and when they never found one they fired shots from distance that went off target or were easy for the keeper.

37 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If anyone expected the road to 10 to be easy then hopefully that’s opened their eyes.

unsure why we have gone back to 1 up top, we looked so much better with 2 up top and 3 at the back.

Julien had a mare but shit happens to better than him just look at Varane so we deffo need another centre half to shore that up. Still unsure on Taylor he can’t seem to beat anyone 1 on 1.

All I can say is thank f**k for Hibs or the Rangers boys would be down the Loudon trying to catch the rona in the hopes of getting the season called 😉

It absolutely should be easy given how many points Celtic have won the league by over the past few seasons.

Despite my pessimism at the start of the thread I have to say that was a brilliant defensive performance from us today - it seems the way to beat Celtic is to keep them out the box. The goal we lost was a bad error from the goalie, but apart from that he wasn't really troubled by Celtic which is surprising. As has been mentioned earlier on Kabamba was excellent and gave Jullien a torrid time, and the Killie midfield of Dicker, Power and Tshibola were excellent. I struggle to believe that Chris Burke is 36 with the way he plays sometimes, his defensive work was great today. Haunstrup looked good too when he came on and credit to Waters and Millen, given they're not necessarily first choice for those positions they had a good game. Onwards to County now!

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Was looking into the stats for this.

Since Steve Clarke (and Alex Dyer) arrived in October 2017, we have come from behind to take at least a point against Rangers and Celtic on 8 separate occasions (in addition to 5 results where we didn't fall behind). Nobody else has done it more than four times.

That's an amazing stat. 

I thought we were superb today, really well set up and so well organised.  The players and coaching staff also have to be given credit for our fitness levels.  

Kabamba was superb, but apart from Rogers mistake at the goal, everyone was excellent.  A lot of credit has to go to Dyer for the way we ere set up. 

3 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

That's an amazing stat. 

I thought we were superb today, really well set up and so well organised.  The players and coaching staff also have to be given credit for our fitness levels.  

Kabamba was superb, but apart from Rogers mistake at the goal, everyone was excellent.  A lot of credit has to go to Dyer for the way we ere set up. 

Sir Steve's tactics have rubbed off on Lord Dyer by the looks of it......