The 'What game should I watch?' thread

I figure for the next few Saturdays we'll have a few neutrals who might be interested in watching a game when their team isn't playing. The idea of this thread is to make the case for which is best to watch. 

Last week, from the options of St. Mirren v Livi and St. Johnstone v Dundee United, I'd say I picked wrong and paid my money to the Buddies. A fairly drab affair, as opposed to what looked a decent game from the highlights.

Any neutrals picking a game today?

My early thoughts are that Motherwell v Dundee United is maybe the one to go for. It is both the cheapest, and I think probably looks the best game to watch on paper. Anyone disagree?

Edited by andy-500

59 minutes ago, andy-500 said:

I figure for the next few Saturdays we'll have a few neutrals who might be interested in watching a game when their team isn't playing. The idea of this thread is to make the case for which is best to watch. 

Last week, from the options of St. Mirren v Livi and St. Johnstone v Dundee United, I'd say I picked wrong and paid my money to the Buddies. A fairly drab affair, as opposed to what looked a decent game from the highlights.

My early thoughts are that Motherwell v Dundee United is maybe the one to go for. It is both the cheapest, and I think probably looks the best game to watch on paper. Anyone disagree?

Seems reasonable

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

People are paying clubs to watch a Premiership game that doesn't involve a club they support? 

This.

I couldn't give a shiny shite about any of them. The highlights tonight will only be mildly interesting if I do a Likely Lads and avoid the news all day (harder in the social media age).

37 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

People are paying clubs to watch a Premiership game that doesn't involve a club they support? 

Some people like football. If there wasn't a global pandemic I'd be at one of the games.

52 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

We've been a long while without fitba, it's been missed.

Folk who don't like fitba must have really miserable lives.

48 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The £12 quid for Motherwell is better than the £9.99 for sevco.

The less said about Livingston's gouging £20 per game, the better.

Though I suppose the fact you don't have to go to Livingston probably adds to the value.

Edited by Aim Here

3 hours ago, andy-500 said:

I would agree with that choice of game.

Dont listen to the Falkirk fans, ever since their club ended up in the lowland league or whatever the name of their division is called they’ve been very bitter.

You got what you paid for on Saturday, with Livi v Hibs looking like the best game in hindsight.

County v Killie looks like the pick of the bunch for the neutrals on Wednesday, as far as fixtures go, in my opinion.

I'll be tuning into Rangers TV, naturally. I can highly recommend the feed for both Rangers TV and Motherwell TV for any neutrals on Wednesday, having watched them on Saturday & Sunday. Motherwell TV didn't have sound unfortunately, but paired it up with BBC Radio Scotland and it was a great picture. Rangers TV was a great all round package. Hopefully the Ross County feed is good quality too!

Went with Dundee United V St Johnstone opening weekend, then Motherwell V Dundee United weekend past. 

Thinking I'll go for the Ross County V Killie game tomorrow. My brother and I split the cost so it's not at all expensive, although in hindsight I wish we'd gone for the Livi V Hibs game. We anticipated the pitch blunting the entertainment value and badly underestimated Hibs. Or overestimated the new look Livi defence, whichever you prefer. 

51 minutes ago, andy-500 said:

You got what you paid for on Saturday, with Livi v Hibs looking like the best game in hindsight.

County v Killie looks like the pick of the bunch for the neutrals on Wednesday, as far as fixtures go, in my opinion.

I'll be tuning into Rangers TV, naturally. I can highly recommend the feed for both Rangers TV and Motherwell TV for any neutrals on Wednesday, having watched them on Saturday & Sunday. Motherwell TV didn't have sound unfortunately, but paired it up with BBC Radio Scotland and it was a great picture. Rangers TV was a great all round package. Hopefully the Ross County feed is good quality too!

Rangers TV
rangers-TV.png

6 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Rangers TV
rangers-TV.png

I know it's a joke, but genuinely if you're a neutral and there happens to be a good game on RTV - you're getting a good product for your £9.99. I'm not sure what Celtic are charging, but given they'd signed up the BT team, I imagine their package will be of similar quality. I personally won't be buying those games - and I imagine that's for much the same reason you won't buy an RTV game not involving Hibs. 

Clive Tyldesley was great, Neil McCann was too. The overall package was like watching a game on TV, like BT/Sky/Premier. Obviously there is a Rangers slant to the coverage - but you have to give Rangers some credit for pushing the boat out and getting guys like Clive Tyldesley and Graeme Souness on board. 

39 minutes ago, andy-500 said:

I know it's a joke, but genuinely if you're a neutral and there happens to be a good game on RTV - you're getting a good product for your £9.99. I'm not sure what Celtic are charging, but given they'd signed up the BT team, I imagine their package will be of similar quality. I personally won't be buying those games - and I imagine that's for much the same reason you won't buy an RTV game not involving Hibs. 

Clive Tyldesley was great, Neil McCann was too. The overall package was like watching a game on TV, like BT/Sky/Premier. Obviously there is a Rangers slant to the coverage - but you have to give Rangers some credit for pushing the boat out and getting guys like Clive Tyldesley and Graeme Souness on board. 

curb your enthusiasm judging you GIF

Edited by AndyDD

1 hour ago, andy-500 said:

Sunday was a massive step-up for RTV - like moving from B&W to colour - with Emma Dodds doing well in the anchor role.  My 'overseas' package is due for renewal at the end of the month and it now seems cheap at £240 for the year (up from about £195).