UEFA Champions League 20-21

GNU_Linux

He was outside the box so it would have been DOGSO... automatic red.
It's not as simple as that now though.

The penalty for Brentford today was almost identical to that except the GK went in with his hands instead of his feet. If the player had got by him it was a goal. The GK never even got booked as he attempted to play the ball.

It would have been a yellow at worst I reckon.

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Pep absolutely loves doing these weird things in the hope it looks like a masterclass though, so I love seeing them go wrong.

"Galaxy brain Pep" is a well known phrase amongst geeks on Twitter for this very reason.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

That's a red in rugger nowadays. Initial contact shoulder to head, no attempt to wrap the arms, off the ball.

Football doesn't care about player safety in those types of circumstances. Just look at the amount of backing in that Harry Kane gets away with and even gets fouls for.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

It's not as simple as that now though.

The penalty for Brentford today was almost identical to that except the GK went in with his hands instead of his feet. If the player had got by him it was a goal. The GK never even got booked as he attempted to play the ball.

It would have been a yellow at worst I reckon.

The double jeopardy rule only applies in the box. Outside of the box it is a red card.

On the basis that since a team is given a penalty they still have an goalscoring oportunity.

The double jeopardy rule only applies in the box. Outside of the box it is a red card.
On the basis that since a team is given a penalty they still have an goalscoring oportunity.
Fair enough. I only saw the goal once and thought he was in the box tbh.