UEFA Champions League 20-21

GNU_Linux

On 18/02/2021 at 08:50, ahemps said:

Barcelona's troubles started when they sold Neymar and they absolutely blew the money. Dembele and Coutinho are possibly the 2 worst signings in history when you take into consideration their cost. With the 222m euros they could have paid off any debt, bought 2-3 of the best young players around and still invested loads into their youth system (which is one of the best in Europe and seems to be bearing fruit again this season). 

Mismanagement of catastrophic proportions.

Their debt alone was about triple that at the time, so they couldn't have done any of those things with that amount of money. 

Its now about six times that amount. They have been terribly mismanaged but this isn't realistic, and is vastly underestimating the scale of the problems at that club.

9 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Their debt alone was about triple that at the time, so they couldn't have done any of those things with that amount of money. 

Its now about six times that amount. They have been terribly mismanaged but this isn't realistic, and is vastly underestimating the scale of the problems at that club.

Where do you get your figures? You are saying Barcelona's debt was triple that at the time, 3 x 222m is 666m. Now you are saying it is 6 times that so 6 x 666m is 3.996Billion.

I get mine from the Swiss Ramble on twitter, here is a screenshot of Barcelona's accounts. In 2017 when they sold Neymar the debt looks about 50-60m nowhere near the 660m you say. In my calculations 222m could have paid off their debt.

image.thumb.png.5550c78c08528012c3e17e276ebd69a2.png 

53 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Where do you get your figures? You are saying Barcelona's debt was triple that at the time, 3 x 222m is 666m. Now you are saying it is 6 times that so 6 x 666m is 3.996Billion.

I get mine from the Swiss Ramble on twitter, here is a screenshot of Barcelona's accounts. In 2017 when they sold Neymar the debt looks about 50-60m nowhere near the 660m you say. In my calculations 222m could have paid off their debt.

image.thumb.png.5550c78c08528012c3e17e276ebd69a2.png 

I'm not sure what is included in that but their debt was published last month, its over £1.1 billion pounds. They haven't built all that up since 2017, and that is about six times 222 million Euros. 

That figure above is way less than half their total debt.

• 2 weeks later...