UEFA Champions League 20-21

GNU_Linux

11 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Liverpool were embarrassing tonight. The squad is much weaker than I thought. 

Was coming to post that.  As soon as they have a few injuries, something they've barely had in the last 3 years, the quality drops substantially.

14 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Atalanta are on top of Liverpool's young reserves in defence.

Don't know why Phillips, who looks decent, is not even in the squad when there is a spare place on the bench.

Atalanta should be ahead but the finishing, apart from one shot, has been poor.

I’ve a feeling he wasn’t named in their Champions League squad (back when Virgil, Gomez etc. were fit), so can’t be added until January

Edited by Ann Dan Otherthing

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye torn between that and Atletico Bayern.  

Yeah, that was the other one I was thinking about watching as well. I might see how the Liverpool game goes, I think there might be more goals there.

It’ll be interesting to see if Kellegher for Liverpool plays better than Adrian has the last few times, seems a big call to put him in. Alisson seems to be quite injury prone.

Edited by Jambomo

Still half expect Real Madrid to beat Monchengladbach in the next matchday and somehow stumble through. Even when they won three of the things in a row under Zidane the first time around they seemed to mostly be shite and just bumble through round after round.

The Gladbach-Shakhtar-Real-Inter group is a rarity - an interesting Champions League group going into the final matchday.

I suppose there's a small amount of tension over whether it's Ajax or Atalanta in the Last 16, but that's about it really.

The Gladbach-Shakhtar-Real-Inter group is a rarity - an interesting Champions League group going into the final matchday.

I suppose there's a small amount of tension over whether it's Ajax or Atalanta in the Last 16, but that's about it really.

In the ManU group it’s still possible, albeit unlikely, for all 4 teams to finish on 9 points.

Disappointed in Simeone.  Bayern were there for the taking and they just did their usual take the lead and sit off them. Got what they deserved.  He's done a stunning job there, but he likes to go on about his team have balls and they're men etc. 

Well maybe he might want to strap on a pair, as they play with such fear and he has instilled that in them. If they showed a touch more ambition at times and were a bit braver they could achieve even more.