UEFA Champions League 20-21

GNU_Linux

Just now, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Foden is overhyped. This was his chance to show potential ability and he worse than Timo Werner.

He also seems like classless English ned. Next stop West Ham.

Nah Foden is good and Werner is absolutely howling.  I would say next stop West Ham for him but he's not even that good. Fulham is his level.

9 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Foden is overhyped. This was his chance to show potential ability and he worse than Timo Werner.

He also seems like classless English ned. Next stop West Ham.

Foden was poor tonight but I think he's a real talent.

City didn't function well in an attacking sense which was largely down to a poor team selection IMHO.

Foden's a capable enough player for a top level side but the English analysis focuses almost entirely on his age as if there is an iron law of progression that will inevitably turn him into the dominant player of his generation because he's 'only 21'. You'd think that after Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney turned out to be nothing of the sort that they might correct this ludicrous narrative. 

Mbappe and Haaland are currently on a higher level within the same age range. 

Couple of lines from the BBC report on the match which for me sum up some key points.

Kante controlled everything from his position in midfield, the complete player giving a breathtaking performance.

Eyebrows were raised when he (Guardiola) decided against utilising either of his outstanding holding midfield men Rodri and Fernandinho in favour of an all-out attacking line-up. It produced a confused, muddled performance with the likes of Ilkay Gundogan and Kevin de Bruyne seemingly uncertain of their roles.

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

Foden's a capable enough player for a top level side but the English analysis focuses almost entirely on his age as if there is an iron law of progression that will inevitably turn him into the dominant player of his generation because he's 'only 21'. You'd think that after Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney turned out to be nothing of the sort that they might correct this ludicrous narrative. 

Mbappe and Haaland are currently on a higher level within the same age range. 

VT ...if you'll allow me....at times I think you tend to be a tad more socio-anallytical than you need be.

its simples........ENGLAND   v   SCOTLAND          (thats the reason I watched this game tonight..I concur wae Tam Cowan...f**k English football.....nothing to do wae us.

Werner ran the City backline ragged all game. If Werner could actually shoot, he’d be incredible. It’s an important feature to be missing though and makes him laughable at times. Dias really struggled with his pace, workrate and movement though, especially for the goal.

Werner is the nearly man. His positional sense, link up play and movement is incredible. He’s always in the right place although he’s missing a lot of chances and only scoring when offside at the moment.

10 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Couple of lines from the BBC report on the match which for me sum up some key points.

Kante controlled everything from his position in midfield, the complete player giving a breathtaking performance.

Eyebrows were raised when he (Guardiola) decided against utilising either of his outstanding holding midfield men Rodri and Fernandinho in favour of an all-out attacking line-up. It produced a confused, muddled performance with the likes of Ilkay Gundogan and Kevin de Bruyne seemingly uncertain of their roles.

They have it spot on, peps ego again costing his team dearly,