UEFA Champions League 20-21

GNU_Linux

The only reason I watched this game tonight was to view players we're likely to meet in the Euros...Mount....Walker.....Sterling etc.,...and to see (on the off chance) if Billy Gilmour got a run -out later on although I didnt really expect that would happen.

Mount was impressive.....Walker always puts in a shift and despite being on the losing side..he is a big threat.

What can I say about Sterling.......not a lot.

11 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Take your point Pandarilla but nonetheless I'd rather have a 'Billy big-baws ' swaggering into the Scots camp in Spain rather than a holder of a losers medal.

No such thing as a loser's medal. That's fanny talk you get from fans. The losers are the people who didn't get to the final.

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Guardiola's starting lineup was bizarre - no striker and no defensive midfielder - just crazy.

De Bruyne's 'keeker' and having to leave the field was when it broke down for City......no De Bruyne.....no bosser.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Anyone that thinks Foden is anywhere near the class of David Silva must be blind, stupid or work for BT Sports !!

He's a young guy. Give him a break ( though not against SCOTLAND).

Anyone that thinks Foden is anywhere near the class of David Silva must be blind, stupid or work for BT Sports !!
The only reason I watched this game tonight was to view players we're likely to meet in the Euros...Mount....Walker.....Sterling etc.,...and to see (on the off chance) if Billy Gilmour got a run -out later on although I didnt really expect that would happen.
Mount was impressive.....Walker always puts in a shift and despite being on the losing side..he is a big threat.
What can I say about Sterling.......not a lot.

Both foden and Sterling didn't have great games tonight but they're both top players.

Foden is not the finished product but he absolutely could be as good as silva. Sterling runs at defenders non stop. He wins penalties, creates chances, and scores goals.

Anyone thinking that those two (and mount) won't be huge threats to us is mental.
No such thing as a loser's medal. That's fanny talk you get from fans. The losers are the people who didn't get to the final.
Whit?

It's still a losers medal. Yes it's an achievement but it's still a shite consolation. Winning mentality is a big thing in sport.

Don't know if its been mentioned but Marcos Alonso and his grandad (also Marcos Alonso) are the first grandson/grandad combo to win the European Cup/CL. Grandad Alonso won 5 titles in the Real Madrid team of the 50s.

Unfortunately the dad, another Marcos Alonso, didn't win the CL. He lost in the 85/86 final for Barca vs Steau Bucharest, missing a penalty in the shootout...

9 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Aye?       you know any players ?...I do and not ONE of them would say that.

Don't know if its been mentioned but Marcos Alonso and his grandad (also Marcos Alonso) are the first grandson/grandad combo to win the European Cup/CL. Grandad Alonso won 5 titles in the Real Madrid team of the 50s.

Unfortunately the dad, another Marcos Alonso, didn't win the CL. He lost in the 85/86 final for Barca vs Steau Bucharest, missing a penalty in the shootout...
That's a brilliant wee story.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Both foden and Sterling didn't have great games tonight but they're both top players.

Foden is not the finished product but he absolutely could be as good as silva. Sterling runs at defenders non stop. He wins penalties, creates chances, and scores goals.

Anyone thinking that those two (and mount) won't be huge threats to us is mental. Whit?

It's still a losers medal. Yes it's an achievement but it's still a shite consolation. Winning mentality is a big thing in sport.

No its not, its a runner's up medal. The losers are the people who didn't get to the final, or didn't even get in the CL. They had to beat a lot of good teams to even get there.

There's no such thing as a loser's medal, and no detriment to walking into the Scotland camp with a runner's up medal in the world's biggest club competition.

Almost all our players would kill to even be in the position to compete for one and never will be good enough to do that.

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

Aye?       you know any players ?...I do and not ONE of them would say that.

Quite a few actually, and its a fact. Ask them if they'd rather lose in a final or never play in one see what they say. That's the difference.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Aye he’s a good player but not as good as Sky/BT etc make out.

Age doesn’t mater when you are truly top drawer.

Absolutely!......if yer good enough...yer old enough (who said that?)

Thankfully I dont have Sky and never will (point of principle) ... so I dont give a monkeys swingers-party aboot what Sky says!

20 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He's just turned 21. David Silva wasn't in David Silva's class at that age either. 

34 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So how would you describe the other teams in the competition?

They (Bayern, Dortmund, Juve, Barca, PSG etc...) must be crap! 😂

There haven't been any standout teams tbh, and it shows with an ordinary side winning it. 

They finished behind a Liverpool side that could barely buy a win between Christmas and February, were 7 points behind a Man Utd side that just lost to a team finishing 7th in La Liga and finished 19 points behind the side that they beat tonight. 

They are however very well managed. 

8 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Quite a few actually, and its a fact. Ask them if they'd rather lose in a final or never play in one see what they say. That's the difference.

It most certainly is NOT a fact!.......I'm amazed that a Dundee United would come out with a comment like that!

Do you remember a guy called Jim McLean?.....he would never...ever countenance talk of 'losers medals'....and oh never mind..at least we were there..........NOW THATS LOSERS TALK!

2 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

It most certainly is NOT a fact!.......I'm amazed that a Dundee United would come out with a comment like that!

Do you remember a guy called Jim McLean?.....he would never...ever countenance talk of 'losers medals'....and oh never mind..at least we were there..........NOW THATS LOSERS TALK!

Look whatever mate you're talking pish, its just fandan talk from a fandan.  Have a nice night.

Look whatever mate you're talking pish, its just fandan talk from a fandan.  Have a nice night.
You're the one glorifying a runner's up medal.

Yes it's an achievement, and something to be proud of at the end of your career.

But it's a losers medal. And all those players will be gutted for a long time, and rightly so.

2 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Mibeez HalfCutNinja is now .... Fully-Cut-Ninja.......been there masel ...in fact working on it (is there a Chris Rea song there somewhere?)..

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

You're the one glorifying a runner's up medal.

Yes it's an achievement, and something to be proud of at the end of your career.

But it's a losers medal. And all those players will be gutted for a long time, and rightly so.

Look this is a pointless argument. There's no such thing as a loser's medal. You don't get a medal for losing. It doesn't say loser's medal on it. Of course they will be gutted, but they've achieved a hell of a lot more than all the players who didn't get to a final.

Ask a player, any one you want, if they'd rather lose a CL final or never play in one. Enjoy the rest of the idiotic debate.  I'm done with it.