UEFA Champions League 20-21

GNU_Linux

I could just imagine the PSG players all surrounding a referee if another team had put in some of the wild tackles they did when their heads were gone.
Its like clockwork, PSG face adversity, PSG start booting folk. How can a team have been so weak for so long?

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

I could just imagine the PSG players all surrounding a referee if another team had put in some of the wild tackles they did when their heads were gone.

Players should not be allowed near the ref when making decisions. Maybe the captain and the player involved but anymore than that and bookings should be getting dished out like confetti, it is petulant and intimidating. The fact VAR is in play now there is no need as any high profile decision will be getting reviewed like the Zinchenko penalty last night. Why get in the refs face for this, if it touches the players hand then the penalty will be given, it is a factual matter not a subjective one so there is no point trying to convince the referee otherwise.

Enjoyed that game last night. I'm not keen on Man City but was pleased when they won. PSG just seem to have so many dislikable players with Neymar being the worst of the lot.

For tonights game I'd expect Real Madrid to do whats required to get past Chelsea. However I'd imagine City will fancy themselves against either of those 2.

Players should not be allowed near the ref when making decisions. Maybe the captain and the player involved but anymore than that and bookings should be getting dished out like confetti, it is petulant and intimidating. The fact VAR is in play now there is no need as any high profile decision will be getting reviewed like the Zinchenko penalty last night. Why get in the refs face for this, if it touches the players hand then the penalty will be given, it is a factual matter not a subjective one so there is no point trying to convince the referee otherwise.
Man United did it the other day. McTominay, Maguire, Cavani and a couple of other followed the ref over the the linesman, the ref told them not to, then they did it anyway and kept mouthing. Theres two folk talking, plus VAR looking at it anyway.

If the ref doesnt dole out yellows in those circumstances then they cant complain about players doing it. Its a very, very easy fix. Start of a season tell the managers that captains may approach the ref, plus any summoned player. Anyone else is a yellow.

Its one of those rare things that rugby gets right over football.

14 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Di Maria has been woeful

Somehow he managed to get worse after I posted this, just lightly jogging when City counter-attacked for their second and let Foden run off him and then sent off for an incredibly stupid kick out. Well played, Angel.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Man United did it the other day. McTominay, Maguire, Cavani and a couple of other followed the ref over the the linesman, the ref told them not to, then they did it anyway and kept mouthing. Theres two folk talking, plus VAR looking at it anyway.

If the ref doesnt dole out yellows in those circumstances then they cant complain about players doing it. Its a very, very easy fix. Start of a season tell the managers that captains may approach the ref, plus any summoned player. Anyone else is a yellow.

Its one of those rare things that rugby gets right over football.

I think the refs should be mic'd up as well. If players are badgering the refs and people can hear it then most normal people would change that behaviour out of embarrassment once they hear themselves on the TV.

It would also be good to hear what the refs are discussing in reference to a decision, there is no reason that that information can't be transparent. Not just rugby but many sports have the refs mic'd up and it is a great thing. I am yet to hear a good argument for them not to have that technology.

Let’s hope Madrid do the business tonight. Can’t imagine how nauseating the commentator/punditry wankfest will be if it’s an all EPL final

Plus it should be entertaining to see how City’s attack deal with Ramos and Casimeiro trying to half them

Let’s hope Madrid do the business tonight. Can’t imagine how nauseating the commentator/punditry wankfest will be if it’s an all EPL final

Plus it should be entertaining to see how City’s attack deal with Ramos and Casimeiro trying to half them
Sergio Ramos in the Champions League is like Prime Tiger Woods wi the red T shirt on. A man for the clutch. The worlds finest shitehouse

Sergio Ramos bullies Werner out the way and wins back possession for his team without actually having to touch the ball. 

Glenn Hoddle "Ramos didn't fancy that in his own box there, did he". 

Fc What GIF by Dorking Wanderers Football Club

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Sergio Ramos bullies Werner out the way and wins back possession for his team without actually having to touch the ball. 

Glenn Hoddle "Ramos didn't fancy that in his own box there, did he". 

Fc What GIF by Dorking Wanderers Football Club

I'm so glad i don't have to listen to Hoddle, the dutch commentary said Ramos used all his experience and strength. 

Out of the remaining teams I'd prefer Madrid to win it, but I think Chelsea would be better placed to beat Man City (least preferred) in the final. But my interest pretty much checked out of this year's competition after the quarter finals, I'm playing FIFA and listening to Startalk podcasts instead.