UEFA Champions League 20-21

GNU_Linux

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

PSG collapsing. Took an early lead but missed a penalty which wasn't a penalty so justice done etc. Now 2-1 down & Idrissa Gueye off for a second yellow.

File that under "things you like to see"

Meanwhile Barcelona are hanging on against Dynao Kyiv.  Ter Stegen was lucky not to concede earlier but now another questionable bit of goalkeeping sees Dynamo right back in it

What a picture that is of the boy about to play Demba Ba in.  Leaving literally no one back in case of a breakaway in the 10th minute of the game at 0-0.  Fuck me.  I mean, we all know Solskjaer is a terrible manager, but that's unreal.  Who's his assistant?  Carrick?  Did no one on the bench see Ba stood in 30 yards of space?

What a picture that is of the boy about to play Demba Ba in.  Leaving literally no one back in case of a breakaway in the 10th minute of the game at 0-0.  Fuck me.  I mean, we all know Solskjaer is a terrible manager, but that's unreal.  Who's his assistant?  Carrick?  Did no one on the bench see Ba stood in 30 yards of space?
Mike Phelan.

Bayern's high defensive line is always at risk of being carved open and on a single off night could be given the treatment Atalanta got the other night. I'd make Liverpool for example slight favourites to beat Bayern in a head to head because that specific match-up suits Liverpool's strengths: Bayern have got the best chance overall though.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

What a picture that is of the boy about to play Demba Ba in.  Leaving literally no one back in case of a breakaway in the 10th minute of the game at 0-0.  f**k me.  I mean, we all know Solskjaer is a terrible manager, but that's unreal.  Who's his assistant?  Carrick?  Did no one on the bench see Ba stood in 30 yards of space?

The comical thing about Solskjaer is that there are so many pundits defending him. I've not seen any coach in his situation receive as much leeway. Some arguments are:

1. He needs more money to spend. (We'll ignore Maguire, Dan James, Wan-Bissaka being colossal wastes of money, Fernandes becoming worse by the game and VDB sitting on the bench).

2. Things are improving (They aren't).

3. He has turned them into a great counter-attacking side (he hasn't).

2 minutes ago, David W said:

The comical thing about Solskjaer is that there are so many pundits defending him. I've not seen any coach in his situation receive as much leeway. Some arguments are:

1. He needs more money to spend. (We'll ignore Maguire, Dan James, Wan-Bissaka being colossal wastes of money, Fernandes becoming worse by the game and VDB sitting on the bench).

2. Things are improving (They aren't).

3. He has turned them into a great counter-attacking side (he hasn't).

To quote David Moyes about 4 games into his United stint - 'There is a number of areas where we need to improve including, defending, passing, creating chances and scoring'

Very apt for OGS here too.

On the subject of pundits, can BT get Rio Ferdinand to fuck please ?  He's fucking awful.  His tongue is about 30 inches up inside Solkjaer's colon. He also talks exclusively in hyperbole on anything United related.  He's more biased than that Forest fan Mark Goldbrige who does the United Stand.

Edited by TheScarf

24 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

On the subject of pundits, can BT get Rio Ferdinand to f**k please ?  He's fucking awful.  His tongue is about 30 inches up inside Solkjaer's colon. He also talks exclusively in hyperbole on anything United related.  He's less biased than that Forest fan Mark Goldbrige who does the United Stand.

There's only four, maybe five pundits/presenters on BT I actually like, luckily four of them are on the goals show.

• 3 weeks later...