UEFA Champions League 20-21

GNU_Linux

1 minute ago, The Master said:

That’s an amazingly timed run by Rashford.

Out of interest, if your foot is on the line does that count as your own or the opposition half? 

I did wonder this myself...

https://www.theifab.com/laws/chapter/31/section/86/

A player is in an offside position if:

• any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and

3 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

I did wonder this myself...

https://www.theifab.com/laws/chapter/31/section/86/

A player is in an offside position if:

• any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and

Good to know. 

It did strike me there that the half-way line is the only “ambiguous” line on the pitch. Every other line essentially means “in” (including, technically, the goal line insofar as the ball is still “in” play if it’s on the line). 

Did anyone else notice when Ferdinand and scholes were discussing what a good talent Upamencano was they said he wasn’t like McGuire/shaw as he enjoyed  one on one battles with players?  A combined cost of £100 million but they don’t like defending very much.

The English press absolutely squirting everywhere at United taking apart the 'Bundesliga leaders', which they are of course, after 5 games, and they're top by a point from Bayern and Dortmund, the former who will win it by 30 points and would absolutely murder every Barclays team, maybe bar Liverpool, who I still think they would beat.

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Jota has turned out to be a pretty fantastic bit of business for Liverpool

Agreed. He's an upgrade on Firmino whose form has dipped over the last 18 months.

It wouldn't be a surprise if Origi is punted in January. He's out of favour and struggles to make the bench.