Aberdeen v Hamilton - Wednesday 7.45pm

I'm sure that sounded good in your head but the SPFL (on the advice of its clinicians) and both clubs were willing to play the match.
The Scottish Government made the decision, I think it made the right one, but there was absolutely some politics involved in it.
Yes the Scottish Government made the decision, I never argued they didn't. But with these 8 idiots there wouldn't have been a decision to make.

5 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Home win for Aberdeen under 12's with Brian Rice again lamenting the lack of communication at the back and another sterling display from the Accies  "midfield".

Midweek v Hamilton is a bogey fixture for us.  0 - 1 Hamilton.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I completely disagree. It was very obviously a political decision taken to manage the news agenda. Any safety benefit from only postponing the one match (not counting livi) is negligible. 

It was however a completely predictable decision that the government was effectively forced to take as a consequence of the players breaking rules and getting covid in tbe context of Aberdeen being in lockdown again. The alternative of letting the game go ahead was a pr disaster. 

I think that in response to people questioning the h&s benefits and the sporting fairness of the decision it is perfectly reasonable to point out that they weren't really considerations. 

Sorry. I don't think it is to do with exam results. That's what I thought Joey was insinuating and as such is exactly what Keith Jackson reported.

If high profile Scottish footballers are allowed to do as they please with no consequence whatsoever then joe public are going question why they are doing what they are told and we'd see scenes like the ones in Soul all over the country. In that sense I would agree it was politically motivated.

1 hour ago, Golden Gordon said:

Do you think he might start Ruth up top? Don't think he's made his first team debut yet and has only made 11 previous appearances at League One/Two level (plus Challenge Cup) with one goal and one assist to his name.

He's said he was one for the future but I'd doubt it. More chance of McLennan playing up top I'd think.

McLennan actually came through as a striker and is well built. Ruth still looks like he has a lot of physical development to do.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Sorry. I don't think it is to do with exam results. That's what I thought Joey was insinuating and as such is exactly what Keith Jackson reported.

If high profile Scottish footballers are allowed to do as they please with no consequence whatsoever then joe public are going question why they are doing what they are told and we'd see scenes like the ones in Soul all over the country. In that sense I would agree it was politically motivated.

Agreed.  Dominic Cummings effect.

24 minutes ago, The Marly said:
32 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:
I'm sure that sounded good in your head but the SPFL (on the advice of its clinicians) and both clubs were willing to play the match.
The Scottish Government made the decision, I think it made the right one, but there was absolutely some politics involved in it.

Yes the Scottish Government made the decision, I never argued they didn't. But with these 8 idiots there wouldn't have been a decision to make.

Startling insight there, cheers for helping us out with that.

The discussion in this thread wasn't about who's fault it was however, it was about to what extent postponing the St Johnstone match was a political decision. Your blindingly obvious point is pretty much irrelevent to that discussion.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I don't agree with the exam results bit. I only know what keith jackson is reporting when people complain about it so i hadn't appreciated he'd said that too. 

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He's said he was one for the future but I'd doubt it. More chance of McLennan playing up top I'd think.

McLennan actually came through as a striker and is well built. Ruth still looks like he has a lot of physical development to do.

Fits the McInnes pattern.  Would be interested to see how he does.  Likes to take defenders on & has a bit of pace to him.

For arguments sake, say Aberdeen lose the next 2 with their depleted squad. 3 losses on the bounce to start the league campaign. 2 of their 3 games following this are potentially tricky away ties. Do Aberdeen fans think McInnes' position would be under threat if they have, say 5/6 points out of their opening 18 available?

Or do you think the circumstances around the unavailable players will give him a bit of slack?

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

For arguments sake, say Aberdeen lose the next 2 with their depleted squad. 3 losses on the bounce to start the league campaign. 2 of their 3 games following this are potentially tricky away ties. Do Aberdeen fans think McInnes' position would be under threat if they have, say 5/6 points out of their opening 18 available?

Or do you think the circumstances around the unavailable players will give him a bit of slack?

Too early to answer that, ask me again at Christmas.

29 minutes ago, AJF said:

Some will blame McInnes no matter what the issue is. I mostly complain when we're playing awful stuff and grinding out a late win/draw against teams with lesser squads than ours.

Plenty online are stating the players breaking isolation rules etc is down to his poor management. He's lost the dressing room. This is certainly fodder for them.

Startling insight there, cheers for helping us out with that.
The discussion in this thread wasn't about who's fault it was however, it was about to what extent postponing the St Johnstone match was a political decision. Your blindingly obvious point is pretty much irrelevent to that discussion.
If you're talking about blindingly obvious points then I'd say that it's blindingly obvious that the decision is political.

2 hours ago, The Marly said:
2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Given it seems to be fairly common knowledge a group of Saints players (amongst others) were out at the pubs on the weekend in question, if not for a bit of luck on their part there may very well have been a decision to make. 

Given it seems to be fairly common knowledge a group of Saints players (amongst others) were out at the pubs on the weekend in question, if not for a bit of luck on their part there may very well have been a decision to make. 
No argument there. Every club has it's share of idiots on the playing staff and it would be ridiculous to think we're any different. It's why I said on another thread that I don't think AFC should be blamed for this, the blame lies squarely with the players.

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

That's a very Gammony Keith Jacksonesque position to take min.

Two things here. I have absolutely no idea what a Gammony position is, and I take great offence at being compared to Keith Jacksonesque. Apart from that, I’ve no problem with your post.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

You guys are over-thinking this. Have you noticed who you are playing?

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Two things here. I have absolutely no idea what a Gammony position is, and I take great offence at being compared to Keith Jacksonesque. Apart from that, I’ve no problem with your post.

I had gammon for lunch today. It was absolutely delicious, if that makes you feel better.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

David Cameron might be able shed some light on that, if the stories are to be believed.