Sportscene ‘pundits’

Sportscene  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Probably controversial opinion here, but I think Jonathan Sutherland is class on the highlights, and keeps the pundits honest at times, that a lesser presenter (like Thommo) wouldn't be able to do.

The thing with the Highlights, is that Sportscene has commentary and I think really does paint a picture of a game that 4 minute YouTube Highlights cannot, it does annoy me that Celtic and Rangers are alway first like, but won't have to worry about that tomorrow.

Overall, I would have to come down in favour of the ‘presenter and a couple of ex-pros’ format. It would probably make more sense to have ex-managers or coaches analysing the games, but I do like someone performing that role. 

It’s definitely better than The Celtic Show with Pat Bonner, which the BBC Scotland radio is pioneering. That is chronic. It’s basically the BBC saying “us and Sevco are in the huff and the only other show in town is ra Celtic”. 

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Shelley Kerr is thick as f**k.

Didn't realise that until she tried to say it was poor goalkeeping when Chris Burke stuck a rocket past Marciano.

Did it not strike you when she made monumental f**k up after monumental f**k up during the World Cup, and proceeded to blame her players for it?  Or indeed the moment she opened her mouth and that accent came out?

On 07/08/2020 at 09:58, frankthetank22 said:

On the Monday night sportscene, after the County Motherwell match that evening, we had Shaun Maloney telling us that he recognises a change in style for Ross County, in their first 20 minutes. 

What utter dog shite, we've been playing that style for home games for a few seasons now. Was he just maybe surprised that County were competing for possession and not sitting back defending deep in their own half, his input to the show was laughable at best. 

It's all opinions I suppose but watching the game live I certainly felt that County were playing a different style than last season. I thought some of it was down to a good attitude and confidence. So Maloney was interesting to me. As you can see, I'm no pundit. But the performance gave me a bit of confidence that we might not end up in 12th. 

I like the analysis mostly.

Keep.