Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
17 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:
Uch he's just excited leave him alone. 
No very often there's anything to get excited about when it come to the national team.

There's excited then there's "I have been right about literally everything." egotistical nonsense which deserves to be put in its place.

Aye well if I've learned anything from being on here and twitter it's that everyone is always right all the time.

On 14/08/2020 at 14:10, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

He does, you just can't see it.  He has struggled a few times defensively and physically, that's entirely to be expected as a literal kid playing against men, with twelve first team games under your belt against guys with four hundred.

He absolutely strolls it every game in almost all aspects, the things he struggles with will come with time and experience. He just needs to be a little older when he will be physically stronger that's all. 

Of course it isn't a guarantee, nobody is suggesting it is. There is a natural attrition rate for all sorts of reasons, but what it means is right now, for their age, they're absolutely top drawer.

That's why the big clubs are after them, Hickey last year was hands down one of the best 17 year olds in world football. Whether he becomes one of the best 25 year olds is yet to be seen but for his age he's almost as good as it gets, that's why the top clubs in the game want to sign him.

The only thing he is a bit off in is physically, there will be 17 year olds out there miles ahead of him physically, but there's not much he can do about that and as he gets older he'll naturally catch up a lot anyway.

Technically he is of a level he could stroll into the equivalent age group team at Real Madrid or Juventus right now and probably be give or take their best player.  That's very exciting and bodes well for our future, as its likely a lot of these guys will go on to be good players. 

Whether they make it at clubs like that doesn't really matter for Scotland, they can go on to play for slightly lesser clubs and be great for us, the indications at this stage of their careers are very good, much better than what we have had to work with for the last 25 years, so in all likelihood they'll go on to be better than most of what we've had as senior players over that time period too.

I mean name me the last time a 16 year old Scottish CB went to Bayern Munich?  I've kept a close eye on these things all my days and there's been precious few for fuckin decades lol, just a handful here and there, now its a stream of them. We could realistically have a 16, 17 and 18 year old at Bayern Munich this time next week. That's fuckin awesome, Norway or Denmark would be delighted with that.

Look at Billy Gilmour he's basically Xavi with acne why would people not be excited about this?  No joke if I was given a magic wand and limitless money to rebuild Barcelona for the next 10-12 years the midfield gets built around a 19 year old kid from Ayrshire who says his dream is to play at a World Cup for Scotland, he's fuckin brilliant and would genuinely get a game for Barcelona tonight.  We've not had players like that for a long long time, he just turned 19 FFS, imagine what he could be like at 24 if he was the best midfielder in the world you wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised.

You remind of this guy from a village I used to stay. He used to constantly ramble aimlessly about the place whilst having full blown conversations with public bins.

Edited by gannonball

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

You remind of this guy from a village I used to stay in where in. He used to constantly ramble aimlessly about the place whilst having full blown conversations with public bins.

“Look at Billy Gilmour he’s basically Xavi...” will take some beating as over-the-top praise.

No worse than Olly Burke as the new Bale or Stevie Fulton being the next Baggio. Scottish fans have been doing it for years. I personally think Keiron Bowie is the new Ronaldo however

“Look at Billy Gilmour he’s basically Xavi...” will take some beating as over-the-top praise.

5 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

There' no doubt Gilmour would be a first choice at Barca right now. Their midfield is shite and he is outstanding.  He would walk into that team.

2/10. Must try harder.  Not even you believe that.

On 13/08/2020 at 17:24, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

He's playing against internationals every week even at this level, its no fuckin u19 football they dinnae muck about and he strolls it every week.  He definitely has what it takes to go very very far in the game.

Just to confirm, are you talking about Hickey or Gilmour? If it's the former, can you name the internationalists he has faced? 

Hickey is decent enough, but to claim he is an emerging world talent is a verging on mentalist behaviour. 

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Just to confirm, are you talking about Hickey or Gilmour? If it's the former, can you name the internationalists he has faced? 

Hickey is decent enough, but to claim he is an emerging world talent is a verging on mentalist behaviour. 

Are you daft?  If you play in the Scottish Premiership you're playing internationals every week. I don't even need to check to know that, every team in the league has internationals in their side.

3 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

You should get in contact with bayern, Lyon and bologna. Im positive they will be interested to know that they are mentalists.