Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

4 hours ago, velo army said:

I'd rather he stayed at Bologna for another season or so. It seems like a cracking footballing culture to be part of. If he was going to move after that I'd want him staying in Serie A. 

Brentford might be a stepping stone to a bigger club, but I think that it would be a sideways move from Bologna, which could also prove to be a stepping stone to a bigger club.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Plus, living in a tremendous area instead of some fucking dump like Brentford. 

Agreed. Probably safe to say that the weather, cuisine and lifestyle is much better where he is at the moment, but then again I’ve never been to Brentford. 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, albagubrath said:

I heard they want him as a right back...!

Would be a hell of a gamble to sign a guy who basically hasn’t played in that position before.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 hours ago, 8MileBU said:
Big money from the Barclays. Potential stepping stone to a bigger club.

Would say hes a shot at a really big Serie A team like Milan, Inter or Juve if he stays..

Agreed, but can they compete with the lure of Brentford??

Edited by 8MileBU

19 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Hickey's probably a bit too good for Brentford but, then again, Andy Robertson was far too good for Hull and that worked out alright

Have you been watching Hickey, Bologna and Brentford? 

1 minute ago, 2426255 said:

Just the highlights or the full 90 minutes of the games involving Brentford and Bologna?

I'm not aware of any  games involving Brentford and Bologna. Usually just one or the other. Unless they played in the Anglo-Italian Cup in the 90s?

If so then I've seen neither the 90 minutes or highlights of what must have been a fascinating tie.

52 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'm not aware of any  games involving Brentford and Bologna. Usually just one or the other. Unless they played in the Anglo-Italian Cup in the 90s?

If so then I've seen neither the 90 minutes or highlights of what must have been a fascinating tie.

Just the highlights or the full 90 minutes of the games involving Brentford or Bologna? It's just so I can gauge whether your opinion on this subject is worth paying any attention to.

Edited by 2426255

25 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Just the highlights or the full 90 minutes of the games involving Brentford or Bologna? It's just so I can gauge whether your opinion on this subject is worth paying any attention to.

Weird. You watch a lot of football and yer opinion on footballing matters is laughable. So not sure why ye think there's a correlation.

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Hickey's probably a bit too good for Brentford but, then again, Andy Robertson was far too good for Hull and that worked out alright

You've formed that opinion purely from watching highlights then. Thank you, but I'll give your opinion a miss due to lack of knowledge of the subject. 

Edited by 2426255

17 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

You've formed that opinion purely from watching highlights then. Thank you, but I'll give your opinion a miss due to lack of knowledge of the subject. 

How many full 90 minute games each would be the acceptable number to form an opinion of Aaron Hickey and Brentford's relative strengths this season?

I don't have a definitive answer, but if I wanted to assess whether Aaron Hickey was too good for Brentford I'd have probably been watching Brentford's most recent few games in the EPL with a particular focus on their wing backs (Canos and Roerslav I think). Similarly I'd have watched a few of Hickeys games in the Bologna team to compare and maybe draw on previous knowledge you might have from watching Hickey during his time at Hearts and so on. 

Obviously, you have a limit to how you want to spend your time but if you said something like that above I'd be interested in your opinion. Otherwise I'm afraid it's the blind leading the blind in my view.

Edited by 2426255

20 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Would be a hell of a gamble to sign a guy who basically hasn’t played in that position before.

It was a joke on the basis of the number of posters on this forum who seem to think he should be in the squad for Scotland at right (wing) back despite, as you say, the fact he basically hasn't played in that position before.

3 hours ago, albagubrath said:

It was a joke on the basis of the number of posters on this forum who seem to think he should be in the squad for Scotland at right (wing) back despite, as you say, the fact he basically hasn't played in that position before.

I know.

5 hours ago, albagubrath said:

That was touted at a time (quite sensibly) when we were so short of options at right back.

Now were full to the gunnels with shit hot young right backs.

Which just goes to show if we all say it enough then they appear.

I might bump the gk and striker thread 🤔