Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

36 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I'll start getting excited when he bothers his arse to turn up to a Scotland squad.

I understand it doesn't look good that he's pulled out of every 21s squad but at the same time he's playing week in week out in Serie A. Don't think you can blame the guy for not wanting to risk injury in what is pretty much youth football. I'm sure Steve Clarke will want to get a look at him soon. Surely in the upcoming nations league

• 3 weeks later...

1626CBD3-7BE5-47D0-A0D6-57CB91932578.jpeg.80f2ef6ad7988a50a3e09feffe8bdebc.jpeg
Tbf I don't think he was playing at all at that point due to injury.

From what I've seen of Hickey recently, he does look at home in Serie A, although he's still quite an unusual LWB which would suit Scotland but maybe not a big club right now. I'm really interested to see how he develops over the next couple of years.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

From what I've seen of Hickey recently, he does look at home in Serie A, although he's still quite an unusual LWB which would suit Scotland but maybe not a big club right now. I'm really interested to see how he develops over the next couple of years.

Get him in the team !

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Context mate. Forget the injury chat or any of that whataboutery. The point being made was only ever that Hickey was an outstanding prospect and definitely good enough to be in the Scotland squad.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Linked to Aston Villa, Hickey that is.

I really think this thread should just be entitled 'Hickey'. Hepburn is still just a youth at Bayern Munich. It should be him and Morrison lumped together, not Hickey.

I'd rather Hickey stayed away from Gerrard, with his track record of playing Scots at Rangers.

4 hours ago, Tartan Blood said:

I really think this thread should just be entitled 'Hickey'. Hepburn is still just a youth at Bayern Munich. It should be him and Morrison lumped together, not Hickey.

I'd rather Hickey stayed away from Gerrard, with his track record of playing Scots at Rangers.

I think that was far more to do with the best starting 11 at Rangers than their nationality.

(Although you could have the Tav/Patterson debate all day)

Edited by 8MileBU

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

I think that was far more to do with the best starting 11 at Rangers than their nationality.

(Although you could have the Tav/Patterson debate all day)

It wasn't even really a dig at Patterson’s lack of game time. As you say, there are valid arguments for him not getting a game. 

I'm thinking more along the lines of releasing players like McRorie, Stewart, Middleton and a host of other young players before they've had a fair crack of the whip. And those that are still there, like Wright, Kelly and the other McRorie got so little game time. Instead, he continued to play guys that are in their mid-30s. I know Rangers won the league, but there was no thought whatsoever for the future.

It wasn't even really a dig at Patterson’s lack of game time. As you say, there are valid arguments for him not getting a game. 
I'm thinking more along the lines of releasing players like McRorie, Stewart, Middleton and a host of other young players before they've had a fair crack of the whip. And those that are still there, like Wright, Kelly and the other McRorie got so little game time. Instead, he continued to play guys that are in their mid-30s. I know Rangers won the league, but there was no thought whatsoever for the future.
Thats the problem with modern day football. Steve G didn't give a shite about Rangers, all he wanted was a profile raise by winning games. He did just that, then pissed off from the Glasgow cesspit

I don't think there's a single Scot that Gerrard unfairly left out. McRorie got a fair crack of the whip and wasn't up to par (to say the least). I don't think he has anything against Scottish players, evidenced by his playing of Jack and Arfield (I know he plays for Canada before anyone says). If Hickey is good enough then he'll play him. I'd like him to stay in the abroad leagues a bit longer tbf.