Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

Starts tonight, and got off the bench the other night for 15 minutes. Think this is his 11th Serie A appearance. Have to remember he is still only 18, doing absolutely fantastic.  
I think this season will be too soon, but would expect him to make his senior debut probably before the end of this year.
If he stays in the Bologna line up there's no reason not to call him up for the March qualifiers.

11 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
45 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:
Starts tonight, and got off the bench the other night for 15 minutes. Think this is his 11th Serie A appearance. Have to remember he is still only 18, doing absolutely fantastic.  
I think this season will be too soon, but would expect him to make his senior debut probably before the end of this year.

If he stays in the Bologna line up there's no reason not to call him up for the March qualifiers.

I thought your name was Mixu earlier 

Aye maybe but he's miles away physically.  Watched them against Inter a few weeks ago, now fair enough as tough an examination as you'll ever get, but he looked miles off it physically.

Had Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez up front, Hakimi RWB, Arturo Vidal inside him, and Milan Skirinar RCB.  So much power and pace and physicality and massive experience all around Hickey, so its as bad as it will get, but he looked miles and miles and miles out of his depth physically. On the ball was absolutely fine, but he looked five years off them physically.  

I think Greg Taylor's time in the squad is marked.

Great to see that Hickey is pretty much first choice in a reasonably big spending Serie A club at eighteen years old. There's been some amount of flops in this subforum but Hickey's already proven himself better than 95% of them. It's really great to do how he's hit the ground running over there, long may it continue and fingers crossed Mihajlovic coverts him into a right back.

I thought your name was Mixu earlier 
Aye maybe but he's miles away physically.  Watched them against Inter a few weeks ago, now fair enough as tough an examination as you'll ever get, but he looked miles off it physically.
Had Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez up front, Hakimi RWB, Arturo Vidal inside him, and Milan Skirinar RCB.  So much power and pace and physicality and massive experience all around Hickey, so its as bad as it will get, but he looked miles and miles and miles out of his depth physically. On the ball was absolutely fine, but he looked five years off them physically.  
Yeah that is something that will take another few years. However, he looks - to me - ahead of Gilmour in that respect. I wouldn't hold a guy back for being a bit skinny, especially if he's holding down a starting place in Serie A

9 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Yeah that is something that will take another few years. However, he looks - to me - ahead of Gilmour in that respect. I wouldn't hold a guy back for being a bit skinny, especially if he's holding down a starting place in Serie A

Maybe, I'd put them about the same physically just now.  He is better than what we have at RWB on the wall so we'll see where he is in March.

On 09/01/2021 at 17:22, DiegoDiego said:

I think Greg Taylor's time in the squad is marked.

That's it for me, Hickey is surely putting himself above Taylor for the next squad? Taylor is 23 and likely won't get much better, Hickey is 18 and playing against a better level of opposition, and will surely be the future of the national squad at left/right back. Get him involved, he's another who seems to play without fear as well.

19 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That's it for me, Hickey is surely putting himself above Taylor for the next squad? Taylor is 23 and likely won't get much better, Hickey is 18 and playing against a better level of opposition, and will surely be the future of the national squad at left/right back. Get him involved, he's another who seems to play without fear as well.

I've not watched a second of Serie A this season so can't comment on how good Hickey's been and whether he deserves a place as I'm not qualified to judge his performances. However, if Clarke feels he is ready to come in you could possibly claw back a place in the squad with him, which would be useful with the competition for places we have for the Euros.

If he can cover the right adequately as well you could drop Palmer along with Taylor. Then you've still got Robertson, Tierney and Hickey as options on the left and O'Donnell, Hickey and Forresf on the right, providing plenty of cover in two positions and freeing up a space to bring another midfielder or centre back in, rather than leaving someone like Turnbull or McLean out to accommodate two players who can only cover one position and definitely won't be starters.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
On 16/01/2021 at 22:45, ewan14 said:
Bologna defeat Verona 1 - 0 , but unfortunately Hickey is an unused sub.

That's three games in a row now he's sat on the bench. Bologna made fourteen subs over those three games as well.

Aye, he's 18 years old mate. This is really no cause for concern whatsoever.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:
4 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:
Aye, he's 18 years old mate. This is really no cause for concern whatsoever.

I was sharing information to save folk having to look things up themselves. Just facts, no comment. Perhaps I shouldn't bother in future?

That'd be grand

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...