Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

4 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

Sampdoria away

Yep. It's funny if you look at it and try to take something from his performance without actually seeing the game.  

Sampdoria  scored after 7 minutes. The goal scorer was their right midfielder and their right winger was given the assist. These are the two opponents playing in front of him so I'd guess he was  maybe to take some of the blame for the goal. Two minute later he is booked. 

Later, two of the Bologna subs are the left winger and left midfielder, the two players playing in front of him so now, of course, he was the stand out player and his team mates were the ones that were at fault for the goal conceded. 

My guessing game is all rubbish but I hope to see the highlights later to prove this was the case. 

3 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Yep. It's funny if you look at it and try to take something from his performance without actually seeing the game.  

Sampdoria  scored after 7 minutes. The goal scorer was their right midfielder and their right winger was given the assist. These are the two opponents playing in front of him so I'd guess he was  maybe to take some of the blame for the goal. Two minute later he is booked. 

Later, two of the Bologna subs are the left winger and left midfielder, the two players playing in front of him so now, of course, he was the stand out player and his team mates were the ones that were at fault for the goal conceded. 

My guessing game is all rubbish but I hope to see the highlights later to prove this was the 

We can handle the truth

but the substitutions suggest he was not to blame

Edited by ewan14

I didn't say don't get excited, or stop talking about him. I said stop speculating about how he played in a game you didn't see. It's painful to have folk going "oh well their left-winger got substituted and not him so he must have played well."

There will be people on this thread who have barely seen Aaron Hickey play a minute of football at any level, but yet who feel qualified to talk about his playing style, performances and all sorts and I don't really understand what the point of it all is supposed to be.

Just now, craigkillie said:

I didn't say don't get excited, or stop talking about him. I said stop speculating about how he played in a game you didn't see. It's painful to have folk going "oh well their left-winger got substituted and not him so he must have played well."

There will be people on this thread who have barely seen Aaron Hickey play a minute of football at any level, but yet who feel qualified to talk about his playing style, performances and all sorts and I don't really understand what the point of it all is supposed to be.

Why would you think there are multiple posters commenting on hickey who have never seen him play? He was at hearts last season, he wasn't exactly hard to find.

Also

Maybe you stop reading the thread rather than come on and tell what they should and shouldn't be posting 🤷‍♂️

I think the fact he is actually playing in the game as first pick is your correct answer here

I'm with Craig on this.

It's one thing to say "This run of starts is really encouraging and I'm excited to see how far he can go in the game" and quite another to wildly conjecture the level of a player's performance based on the crudest of details from Flashscore or just make up nonsense about multiple man of the match awards.

I'm with Craig on this.

It's one thing to say "This run of starts is really encouraging and I'm excited to see how far he can go in the game" and quite another to wildly conjecture the level of a player's performance based on the crudest of details from Flashscore or just make up nonsense about multiple man of the match awards.
I understand the distinction between getting excited about a player and speculating about the details of his performance. But at a glance, there's only 1 post about his game yesterday doing that - everyone else is pretty much reporting that he got yet another start - and anyway it's hardly a crime. The poster who did speculate even said he was looking fwd to watching the highlights later to see how it tallied with his deductions.
Free speech and all that. The forum is called Tartan Army Ramblings, after all.