Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

Jack isn’t the answer, he’s not aggressive enough or defensively good enough. His game is about possession, holding and recycling. We are missing someone like Alex Gogic in our midfield. 

3 minutes ago, Rscot said:

Jack isn’t the answer, he’s not aggressive enough or defensively good enough. His game is about possession, holding and recycling. We are missing someone like Alex Gogic in our midfield. 

McTominay in his proper position with , as someone else suggested , Tierney !!!

4 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

McTominay in his proper position with , as someone else suggested , Tierney !!!

I do think Tierney could do it, would take time for him to adjust though

4 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Steady on.  He had a good first game but it's early doors yet.  He has just as much chance of being on loan with Montreal Impact in years as he does being at Juventus

Plenty of promise but need to keep expectations in check at the moment

Aye but I'm not basing it on that one game.  I can see it with my eyes, its been glaringly obvious since he made his Hearts debut.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's three years ago, not 30.

And? I stand by the view that our problem is we cap players too old.

We create too many 30-cap 30-year-old players.

We’ve had how many 70+ cap players in 20 years, perhaps one? 

N.Ireland, Ireland and Wales create no better players than us, but they are much more savvy and competent at international level. You only get that through time and experience.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

We are missing someone like Alex Gogic. That's it. I'm done.

Our midfield doesn’t have a ball winning, aggressive, hard tackling player. And until we do we are going to keep conceding at least 1 goal per game, unless we play Andorra or Gibraltar. That means that against almost any team we play we need to score at least 2 goals a game to win. I wonder when was the last time we kept a clean sheet against anyone not completely crap? 

If you exclude San Marino games, the last time Scotland kept a clean sheet was against Albania almost 2 years ago. Again excluding San Marino games, that was 12 games ago. So we haven’t been able to keep a clean sheet against anyone other that San Marino in 12 games over nearly 2 years. This includes teams like Israel, Cyprus and Kazakhstan.