Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

I’m convinced there’s a substantial army of Scotland fans who have a weekly mission of giving Scottish players in The Barclays a 10/10 rating regardless of how they actually played.

See: Gilmour, Hanley and McLean topping the poll in just about every Norwich game last season.

17 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I’m convinced there’s a substantial army of Scotland fans who have a weekly mission of giving Scottish players in The Barclays a 10/10 rating regardless of how they actually played.

There's certain posters on here that watch the same games as we do and see the likes of McTominay be miles off the standard - be pulled up by fans, former players and pundits - and then come out with "They only do it cos he's Scottish!".

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

There's certain posters on here that watch the same games as we do and see the likes of McTominay be miles off the standard - be pulled up by fans, former players and pundits - and then come out with "They only do it cos he's Scottish!".

Of course there is, there's also certain people who do judge him harshly because he's Scottish.

And certain people who judge him overly positively because he's Scottish.

Thats human nature.

44 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

He's taking a hell of a pasting from the Utd fans.
Can't help but feel he should be looking for a move away from that mess of a club.

That's just football fanbases. In the last wee while I've seen it with Billy Gilmour at Norwich, Graham Alexander at Motherwell and McFred at Manchester United. The Scotland fanbase is largely not too much more sympathetic. 

Edited by 2426255

21 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

He's taking a hell of a pasting from the Utd fans.
Can't help but feel he should be looking for a move away from that mess of a club.

But selected and trusted by every manager he has played under. Early days for ETH but he started him on his first league game and I think a good chance he will be starting in his second.

There's no doubt that some players, for whatever reason, whether that be style or unfashionable nationality end up being a boo boy target. It happened to Fletcher, it even happened to guys like Mark van Bommel and Jordan Henderson.

In English football guys like Gary Neville used to be constantly slated and I'm sure there are many more I've forgotten.

A sad part of football but McTominay will still be trusted by every manager he plays under it seems. Maybe they are all wrong and Mark Goldridge is right (I actually admit I don't know who this is but he definitely seems more knowledgeable than Mourinho and Ragnick).

• 8 months later...
46 minutes ago, NickMcG said:

Perhaps a message from the manager following the transfer speculation?

Good tabloid headline there.

They made 5 changes for a midweek game. I don’t think it’s any more than that.