Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

That's an awful error by the GK. Goalie seems to be the only position where, even at elite level, the drop-off in quality between the first choice and second choice is sizeable. I'm thinking of that clown who was in goals for Man City last week.

Hickey seemed to do fine according to the highlights. He seemed to get caught under the ball a few times but he'll learn from that. He's had some season.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, velo army said:

It doesn't seem that they have a decent understudy for KT, so that might be a good buy for them.

If they continue with a back three, they could:

a) both play, LCB and LWB

b) drop either and use the other at LWB

c) play Tierney LCB/LWB and Hickey RWB

Personally, I’d prefer to see him at Milan playing CL football and competing for Championships. Like the recent Haaland transfer, it’s possible to ‘sell’ the vision of playing for big teams, with a view to the ‘dream’ transfer at 25 or so. The PL can wait.

1 minute ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Personally, I’d prefer to see him at Milan playing CL football and competing for Championships. Like the recent Haaland transfer, it’s possible to ‘sell’ the vision of playing for big teams, with a view to the ‘dream’ transfer at 25 or so. The PL can wait.

Either of these would be great for me. I prefer seeing scottish players playing in abroad leagues rather than the EPL, and Hickey playing for Milan would carry more kudos with me than if he played in the EPL. It shows more character too, I think.

Wherever he ends up I want him to be playing regularly. Having him and Patterson as two choices for RWB (as well as Hickey popping up at LWB when Robbo is suspended/injured/needing rotated due to age) would be fantastic.

13 hours ago, Gordopolis said:
14 hours ago, velo army said:
It doesn't seem that they have a decent understudy for KT, so that might be a good buy for them.

Tsk! They're *obviously* buying him as a right back!

Never played there in his puff, you oaf!

E.T.A. I'm on my laptop so there's no excuse not to multi-quote. Mea maxima culpa.

Edited by velo army

23 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Arsenal haven’t been regularly using a back three for a while now. I think they’re looking at Hickey to cover both Tierney at LB and Tomiyasu at RB. 

They paid £25m for Tierney, didn't they? So the two most expensive Scots at the one club in the one position.

I actually think he's better suited to Tomiyasu's role although he doesn't bring the defensive stability and physicality that Tomiyasu does.

21 hours ago, RobbieD said:

Apparently Arsenal have had a bid of £25m accepted for Hickey.

So back-up to Tierney and Tomiyasu, assuming that Arteta wants to punt Soares, Bellerin and/or Tavares?

I was hoping that Man City, who desperately need a LB, would go for Hickey. Perhaps Guardiola wants to sign Tierney....

Edited by Bishop Briggs

23 hours ago, accies1874 said:

They paid £25m for Tierney, didn't they? So the two most expensive Scots at the one club in the one position.

I actually think he's better suited to Tomiyasu's role although he doesn't bring the defensive stability and physicality that Tomiyasu does.

Tomiyasu has seemed a little bit injury prone as well. Cedric is alright but I think Hickey would be cover for both KT and Tomiayasu.

I’d just prefer it if two out of three of Scotlands decent left backs weren’t vying for the same position.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

Tomiyasu has seemed a little bit injury prone as well. Cedric is alright but I think Hickey would be cover for both KT and Tomiayasu.

I’d just prefer it if two out of three of Scotlands decent left backs weren’t vying for the same position.

Reckon Tierney will be off to one of the elite group once his injury clears up.

He's at that level now.

Just wished be fit to show a bit of that v Ukraine

11 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So back-up to Tierney and Tomiyasu, assuming that Arteta wants to punt Soares, Bellerin and/or Tavares?

I was hoping that Man City, who desperately need a LB, would go for Hickey. Perhaps Guardiola wants to sign Tierney....

Guardiola will sign Tyrick Mitchell for this position 

11 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Cedric is alright but I think Hickey would be cover for both KT and Tomiayasu.

14 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So back-up to Tierney and Tomiyasu

I would be surprised if Aaron Hickey was going anywhere as a backup given that he turned down Bayern Munich in favour of Bologna.

50 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I would be surprised if Aaron Hickey was going anywhere as a backup given that he turned down Bayern Munich in favour of Bologna.

Well exactly, he’ll certainly feel like he’s good enough for the first team. I guess that’s why (from a selfish Scotland fan perspective) I don’t want him to go to Arsenal, because at any given time either he or Tierney will be keeping the other out of the team.

Left Back is where Arsenal are weakest because Tavares is rubbish, so I def think they are buying him for Left Back.