Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

16 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Craig spends his days doing exactly this to other people, so you might want to redirect that at him.

He could have taken the wind out of it quite easily by saying. "Yeah made an arse of that one" or "happy to have been proved wrong" or something similar.

Which is what I and im pretty sure you would have done.

We all support the same team 

you're absolutely gagging for craigkillie to say he was wrong lol.

On 01/03/2022 at 09:27, craigkillie said:

No, he is not a very good defender and spends most of the game in the attacking third. If anything he'd be more likely to be cover for someone like Christie or Fraser.

After watching him play a few minutes for Scotland in March I thought this was fair. I thought he played a bit more like a midfielder than a defender.

A good draw away to Juventus, could have been even better had they not conceded a stoppage time equaliser after going down to 9. Hopefully he can keep getting a run at RWB until the end of the season in case we need him there in the play-offs.

Any updates on Tierney and Patterson? I'm still not clear on whether their season ending injuries were short or medium term things.

Hopefully both have a chance of coming back in time for the playoffs. Hickey would be fine to fill in as RWB but we'd lose a lot in terms of the pacey attacking drives that Patterson gives us. Then again maybe we'd also look a lot more solid defensively. Lots of maybes in there.

On 16/04/2022 at 23:25, accies1874 said:

OK but why is Hickey more of a McG replacement than Robbo? Best answer gets a greenie

Its not clear what you mean.

Are you saying why is Hickey a better replacement for Mcgregor than he is a replacement for Robertson?

Or

Why is Hickey a better replacement for Mcgregor than Robertson would be?

Either way I'm not sure the point your trying to make.

Only answer you've got, so greenie away.

On 24/04/2022 at 15:46, craigkillie said:

Was originally dropped for the game but came in after an injury in the warm-up. His goalscoring record is really good for a wing-back, let's hope that continues because it's actually one thing Scotland lack from our two.

For the first time in (at least my) living memory, we could make a first choice starting XI with goals scored in every position outside of the keeper.

If Hickey can be the Scottish equivalent of Denmark’s Maehle, that would do just nicely (9 in 25 from full back for country; 10 in 210 senior club appearances).

On 24/04/2022 at 15:46, craigkillie said:

Was originally dropped for the game but came in after an injury in the warm-up. His goalscoring record is really good for a wing-back, let's hope that continues because it's actually one thing Scotland lack from our two.

This is what I mean when I say if you know what you're looking at. He wasn't dropped, he was rested. That's why they took him off after 75 minutes as they're trying to look after him and didn't want to start him in the first place. He's 19.

As I said if you know what you're looking at these things are obvious.