Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

Right-back, yeah, but I don't think he's played RWB.
Makes sense as guys like Levein who brought him through have been quoted saying he can play left or right. I doubt that's where he'll be used for us though (now that we have two starlets in that position).

6 minutes ago, bleedingums said:

Looked a bit more comfortable in the second half with a few nice moments (one where he skinned two or three guys then got wiped out to win a free kick). Bologna lost but Verona’s second came from the other wing. 

How's he getting on with his Italian lessons? 

On 20/01/2022 at 21:52, BingMcCrosby said:

That was touted at a time (quite sensibly) when we were so short of options at right back.

Now were full to the gunnels with shit hot young right backs.

Which just goes to show if we all say it enough then they appear.

I might bump the gk and striker thread 🤔

Folk were saying it last week. With impeccable timing he IS ACTUALLY playing right wing back tonight for Bologna! Which just goes to show you are bang on!

3 hours ago, albagubrath said:

Folk were saying it last week. With impeccable timing he IS ACTUALLY playing right wing back tonight for Bologna! Which just goes to show you are bang on!

If you look over every thread you might find I've been bang on in everything I've said. And never once had to backtrack 🤣

On 21/01/2022 at 13:35, 2426255 said:

Would he get in ahead of what they currently have though?

On the right, yes. 

On 21/01/2022 at 13:39, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Probably, aye. Couldn't even name the guy who plays LWB for Brentford so he's not made that much of an impression on me.

Mind you if I wasn't keeping an eye out on Hickey specifically would he have stuck out for me in Bologna games? We'll never know.

Henry is the LWB for Brentford (when fit) and one of the first names on the team sheet, and one of our best players, I highly, highly doubt Hickey would displace him, however at RWB we have Canos who's very much out of position, and Roerslev who isn't really good enough. We've been on the hunt for a RWB for the last two windows so I'm presuming that's where he'd play. 

Brentford > Bologna. 

18 hours ago, Grant228 said:

On the right, yes. 

Henry is the LWB for Brentford (when fit) and one of the first names on the team sheet, and one of our best players, I highly, highly doubt Hickey would displace him, however at RWB we have Canos who's very much out of position, and Roerslev who isn't really good enough. We've been on the hunt for a RWB for the last two windows so I'm presuming that's where he'd play. 

Brentford > Bologna. 

and Shandong Taishan are probably bigger than both teams but that doesn't mean that Hickey should move to the Chinese league.

A young domestically developed Scot playing regularly for a Serie A team in his first full season is great to see - it is interesting to now note Bologna and other Italian teams being linked with other Scottish players (am sure Henderson perhaps also contributing to this). In terms of career trajectory, Hickey moving to Brentford would be disappointing and quite a depressing move for anyone with a keen interest in the development of Scottish talent and from a national team perspective. . 

*No disrespect to Brentford etc etc

12 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

In terms of career trajectory, Hickey moving to Brentford would be disappointing and quite a depressing move for anyone with a keen interest in the development of Scottish talent and from a national team perspective.

His career, his choice, his life. It's a transparently selfish outlook based around your desire for the National team to do well.