Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

22 minutes ago, velo army said:

I don't think there's a single Scot that Gerrard unfairly left out. McRorie got a fair crack of the whip and wasn't up to par (to say the least). I don't think he has anything against Scottish players, evidenced by his playing of Jack and Arfield (I know he plays for Canada before anyone says). If Hickey is good enough then he'll play him. I'd like him to stay in the abroad leagues a bit longer tbf.

I’d say the critique of Gerrard being a here-and-now manager isn’t unfair, but equally Rangers haven’t created anything notable in well over a decade.

Gilmour and Patterson are exceptional players, but even if they were half as good, they’d still be miles ahead of any other youth product, since John Fleck and Alan Hutton?

Perhaps it’s unfair but there is both a striking lack of youth product, and lack of Scots in the Rangers side, and has been for years.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

I don't think there's a single Scot that Gerrard unfairly left out. McRorie got a fair crack of the whip and wasn't up to par (to say the least). I don't think he has anything against Scottish players, evidenced by his playing of Jack and Arfield (I know he plays for Canada before anyone says). If Hickey is good enough then he'll play him. I'd like him to stay in the abroad leagues a bit longer tbf.

I should have said *young Scots. Allan McGregor has had plenty of game time. 

1 hour ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I’d say the critique of Gerrard being a here-and-now manager isn’t unfair, but equally Rangers haven’t created anything notable in well over a decade.

Gilmour and Patterson are exceptional players, but even if they were half as good, they’d still be miles ahead of any other youth product, since John Fleck and Alan Hutton?

Perhaps it’s unfair but there is both a striking lack of youth product, and lack of Scots in the Rangers side, and has been for years.

As I said in an earlier post, Patterson and Gilmour are products of the Performance Schools, so Rangers don't even get full credit for their development. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but it's hardly a coincidence.

3 hours ago, Tartan Blood said:

It wasn't even really a dig at Patterson’s lack of game time. As you say, there are valid arguments for him not getting a game. 

I'm thinking more along the lines of releasing players like McRorie, Stewart, Middleton and a host of other young players before they've had a fair crack of the whip. And those that are still there, like Wright, Kelly and the other McRorie got so little game time. Instead, he continued to play guys that are in their mid-30s. I know Rangers won the league, but there was no thought whatsoever for the future.

Of those you’ve mentioned, I’d have kept Ross McCrorie as I think there was potentially a player there. Stewart and Middleton, nah.

Robbie McCrorie may yet have a chance though I have my doubts.

20 hours ago, velo army said:

I do think it bad management that Gerrard never gave Patterson much game time. I get that Tavernier is the better player but there were certainly games he could have rested him and gave Patterson a bit more game time, without it having a huge impact on the team. It’s not as though Patterson was a terrible option.

I hope he doesn’t go to Villa, I honestly don’t know that Gerrard would play him. 

Edited by Jambomo

4 hours ago, Gordopolis said:
18 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:
Don't mind Targett but feel like Hickey has potential to be very good indeed long term so hoping he ends up at Villa. Doubt there will be news in the next few days either way as he has Covid.

Again? Clatty wee b*****d!

Bologna's last game was postponed in somewhat farcical circumstances: Bologna v Inter Milan: Serie A match cancelled in farcical scenes with Bologna quarantining after Covid-19 cases - BBC Sport

Rising Covid-19 cases in the Bologna squad meant the local health authority (ASL) placed the team into quarantine for seven to 10 days from Wednesday.

But with Serie A refusing to cancel matches, Inter were forced to turn up and train before the game, as normal.

Officials even inspected the pitch and tested the goal-line technology, despite there being no Bologna players.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rather he stayed at Bologna for another season or so. It seems like a cracking footballing culture to be part of. If he was going to move after that I'd want him staying in Serie A. 

Brentford might be a stepping stone to a bigger club, but I think that it would be a sideways move from Bologna, which could also prove to be a stepping stone to a bigger club.