GK Clark
RB Hickey
CB Hyam
CB Elliot
CB Kai Naismith
LB Robertson/Tierney
CM Ferguson
CM Allan Campbell
Can't be bothered filling in the rest but you're a clown.

Maxwell Blackpool blazing around up front - the Highland Haaland.

Don't you start as well,the guys just angry that I backed myself up in another thread about Campbell 

And he cannot take it,so comes in this one and talks absolute grade a bull crap about me 

Not remotely surprised that Hickey has pulled out tbh. He was almost certainly put under pressure by his club to do so. I’m sure they’d have released him for the full squad but understandably question the benefit of Hickey appearing for a Scottish Under 21 side that have been utterly lamentable for years, at a standard that would represent a significant drop down from his club football, coached by someone as clueless as Scot Gemmill. Not sure what the net benefit is here for Bologna, or even for Hickey. Presumably Hickey is meant to show some supplication to the national team set-up (and fans) at a level patently below his capabilities to put himself in contention for a call-up to a senior squad that he’s already demonstrably worthy of inclusion in. Not surprised if Bologna are of the opinion that no such kow-towing is necessary for one of their established first team players.

As an aside, reading John Carver’s comments about how Johnny Russell and Ryan Gauld are in the manager’s thoughts and need to keep scoring (not sure Russell can do much more than his recent record-breaking 12 in 12, somehow I don’t think that run of form is replicable let alone surpassable) to keep themselves in contention, and one day it might even lead to Carver being able to take a North American holiday to watch them in action, the thought occurs to me that this Scotland set-up is exuding a particularly parochial attitude, which is possibly the flip-side of the much-lauded Steve Clarke ‘loyalty’ factor.

I seem to recall, not so many years ago, Scottish football was collectively bemoaning the fact that so few of our promising young players took the difficult career route to go abroad, learn the language, expand their horizons, and play in a more technical footballing environment, and that so many took the easy route of a relatively lucrative transfer to a mid-table English Championship team, with associated ease of cultural assimilation and a familiar brand of fast and physical football. It seems that such narrowed horizons and limited ambitions are actually more likely to be productive in terms of selection for the national team at the moment, while players that have gone abroad and carved out reasonably successful careers (Hickey, Gauld, Henderson et al.) have never even got a sniff of a full team call up (and only now a few belated and patronising words from a member of Steve Clarke’s backroom staff). I can remember the time when we used to bemoan not having any Scots playing in Serie A. Now we finally have a couple (perhaps a few if we include Binks), it’s out of sight, out of mind, or the threat of being coached by Scot Gemmill at best. 

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The one thing all of those players have in common is that they have much better players already in the squad playing in their position. How can Hickey be "demonstrably worthy of inclusion" when the other two left wing-back options are a country mile ahead of him, and indeed are probably two of the best in the world in that position, for example? Jack Hendry didn't have any issues getting picked from a foreign league, because our other centre-back options were limited.

Of our current squad, only four players are playing in the English lower leagues - McKenna, Christie, Brown and Dykes. Of those, Christie will almost certainly be in the Premier League next season and is a Championship player in name only. McKenna, Brown and Dykes are all in our weakest areas of the park in terms of squad depth. Remember that even at the absolute peak of his powers, Johnny Russell never played above Championship level in England.

Watch where Sirki Dembele goes in January possibly be away to Brentford to link up with Ivan Tony again 

Very good player the Scottish Zaha 

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The one thing all of those players have in common is that they have much better players already in the squad playing in their position. How can Hickey be "demonstrably worthy of inclusion" when the other two left wing-back options are a country mile ahead of him, and indeed are probably two of the best in the world in that position, for example? Jack Hendry didn't have any issues getting picked from a foreign league, because our other centre-back options were limited.

Of our current squad, only four players are playing in the English lower leagues - McKenna, Christie, Brown and Dykes. Of those, Christie will almost certainly be in the Premier League next season and is a Championship player in name only. McKenna, Brown and Dykes are all in our weakest areas of the park in terms of squad depth. Remember that even at the absolute peak of his powers, Johnny Russell never played above Championship level in England.

Hickey can play RWB. 

When players are as ambidextrous as he is, playing on the opposite flank is not some great challenge. 

Levein has stated he wasn't even sure which foot Hickey was strongest on. 

He could play on the right for us no bother, and is currently playing at a higher level against a better standard of player week in week out than O'donnel or Patterson. 

1 minute ago, Zazu said:

Hickey can play RWB. 

When players are as ambidextrous as he is, playing on the opposite flank is not some great challenge. 

He could play on the right for us no bother, and is currently playing at a higher level against a better standard of player week in week out than O'donnel or Patterson. 

Mate they know best though best not go down that route with them or they will reddy you 

1 minute ago, Zazu said:

Hickey can play RWB. 

He never really has though? Don't get me wrong I'm definitely not against the inclusion of Hickey at all but for all the talk of him being two footed and can play on the right etc, playing him in a position that be pretty much never, ever plays would still be a risk in itself.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

He never really has though? Don't get me wrong I'm definitely not against the inclusion of Hickey at all but for all the talk of him being two footed and can play on the right etc, playing him in a position that be pretty much never, ever plays would still be a risk in itself.

It wouldn't that is what full backs do,only reason Robertson struggled on the right is because he is all left footed if you use either feet and are as strong on each side like Tierney is you can play both sides

McGrain 

Jardine 

Whittaker 

Tierney 

Alexander 

352 is a system we reached world Cup and Euro finals in might not reached as far back to Jardine and McGrains time though think we were just a 442 team then
I think there's a real difference to someone playing on their wrong side as a wing-back compared to full-back. Tierney played RB for us five times and always had Forrest or Phillips (natural right-wingers) ahead of him. That's not to say it isn't possible, just that you'd need to set the team up quite differently (maybe limit Tierney at LCB to have the RCB more attacking, play Armstrong or Christie on the right of the midfield three to make runs on the outside, or go 343 with Forrest or Fraser playing wider). I remember watching Belgium against Wales back in March and being quite interested in how they went about having a right-footed LWB.

Btw I think Hickey at LWB has its own issues but they'd be offset by having Tierney behind him.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

I think there's a real difference to someone playing on their wrong side as a wing-back compared to full-back. Tierney played RB for us five times and always had Forrest or Phillips (natural right-wingers) ahead of him. That's not to say it isn't possible, just that you'd need to set the team up quite differently (maybe limit Tierney at LCB to have the RCB more attacking, play Armstrong or Christie on the right of the midfield three to make runs on the outside, or go 343 with Forrest or Fraser playing wider). I remember watching Belgium against Wales back in March and being quite interested in how they went about having a right-footed LWB.

Btw I think Hickey at LWB has its own issues but they'd be offset by having Tierney behind him.

3 4 3 is a weird system you never really see it even at the lower league level,only team I've really noticed using it was Shettleston juniors when they one the league 

I like it though when the front three rotate together provides lot of chances 

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Hickey and Tierney together gives me the fear think we would get picked off at set peices if they were part off the three

10 hours ago, General dissaray said:

Don't you start as well,the guys just angry that I backed myself up in another thread about Campbell 

And he cannot take it,so comes in this one and talks absolute grade a bull crap about me 

what the thread where you said everyone in england was raving about allan campbell and i posted a link to the luton town forum with many comments all saying he's simply not good enough? You can add liar to your list of "qualities".

1 minute ago, red23 said:

what the thread where you said everyone in england was raving about allan campbell and i posted a link to the luton town forum with many comments all saying he's simply not good enough? You can add liar to your list of "qualities".

A Luton Town forum that you don't need to join and can make up a fake name and post anything you want,  which you obviously did for attention 

But where the Luton fans actually defended him aye that one the one were it back fired on you which your still seething about

1 hour ago, General dissaray said:

A Luton Town forum that you don't need to join and can make up a fake name and post anything you want,  which you obviously did for attention 

But where the Luton fans actually defended him aye that one the one were it back fired on you which your still seething about

you are schooling red23, excellent work. 

4 hours ago, General dissaray said:

those posts were made prior to you even mentioning him. What a sad existence you must have to even think that up. You were wrong as you always are with the uninformed nonsense you speak on here.

https://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws/msg/1636229366.html - go on point out the people saying he's great?

why do you think people block you? because your opinion is worthless.

Edited by red23

16 hours ago, Rodhull said:

I'd disagree that it poses much of a risk. 

I don't like players playing at either fullback or wingback on their weaker sides, but Hickey doesn't have a weaker side. 

If you're as two footed as he is, there's no difference between playing left wing back or playing right wing back, its the exact same position