Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

Would love to see Hickey get a shot at right back. 

Remember Levein saying in an interview that he genuinely didn't know which was Hickey's strongest foot, played most of his career at LB but if he's as ambidextrous as the specky fud made out then surely he'd be just as comfortable on the right?

I see people saying this a lot, and obviously he does have the potential to play that role in the future, but as of right now he has just turned 19 and is still learning his own position, never mind being asked to play an unfamiliar one which he has barely played in his career.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I see people saying this a lot, and obviously he does have the potential to play that role in the future, but as of right now he has just turned 19 and is still learning his own position, never mind being asked to play an unfamiliar one which he has barely played in his career.

To be fair, that's what Left back is, he was always a midfielder coming through.  His debut for Hearts was at RB

On 22/09/2021 at 11:19, craigkillie said:

"his own position" that he's learning is full back. 

If you're two-footed there's no difference between playing left back and playing right back. 

Swapping sides will be no bother to him, not as if we're suddenly asking him to play as a target man or something. 

• 3 weeks later...
Starting against against AC Milan 
Game is just kicking off now on BT Sport 1
It's been said before now, but: Serie A regular at 19? Got to think he's earned a call up to the full side now? I know we have Robbo and Tierney, but there's always a place for a third left sider in there - especially one versatile enough to play in a few positions.

28 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
58 minutes ago, Clown Job said:
Starting against against AC Milan 
Game is just kicking off now on BT Sport 1

It's been said before now, but: Serie A regular at 19? Got to think he's earned a call up to the full side now? I know we have Robbo and Tierney, but there's always a place for a third left sider in there - especially one versatile enough to play in a few positions.

If Tierney out he must come into squad