Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

25 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Apparently Celtic have made an offer for Hickey. Would be a boring move IMO.

Would be disappointing and an acknowledgement that it hasn’t worked. 

Given the amount of effort Bologna put into coxing him to Italy over Germany, I can’t imagine they’re ready to give up already?

There was a rumour the other day Bologna are signing Kolarov, so I guess that would push Hickey down the pecking order a bit.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

There was a rumour the other day Bologna are signing Kolarov, so I guess that would push Hickey down the pecking order a bit.

Or push him to right back or centre back, which would be no bad thing. 

16 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Or push him to right back or centre back, which would be no bad thing. 

Is he not like 5 ft 8 or so? I'm a big subscriber to the height isn't everything thinking for centre backs, but even I would expect someone that size to struggle.

2 minutes ago, albagubrath said:

Is he not like 5 ft 8 or so? I'm a big subscriber to the height isn't everything thinking for centre backs, but even I would expect someone that size to struggle.

Same height as Fabio Cannavaro - not that I’m claiming that he’s as good as Hickey is…

19 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Given the amount of effort Bologna put into coxing him to Italy over Germany, I can’t imagine they’re ready to give up already?

Its worked amazingly well. Would be a terrible move to go to Celtic.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Same height as Fabio Cannavaro - not that I’m claiming that he’s as good as Hickey is…

Cannavaro is who I was thinking of, but I think there’s a fairly select list of small world class centre backs. He’d be making his life very difficult if he tried to settle there positionally.

21 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Very Italian thing to do 

If haven't hit the heights in first season,  just get rid

20 hours ago, albagubrath said:

Cannavaro is who I was thinking of, but I think there’s a fairly select list of small world class centre backs. He’d be making his life very difficult if he tried to settle there positionally.

Fairly select or elite perhaps?

Anyone that draws up a top ten list of greatest ever centre backs would probably find half of them were under 6ft.

Baresi, Beckenbauer, Koeman, Cannavaro, Gentile, Matthaus, Sammer, Puyol, Malpas 😘 to name a few.

That said, Hickey doesn't strike me as one of them.

Edited by ArabFC

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

Fairly select or elite perhaps?

Anyone that draws up a top ten list of greatest ever centre backs would probably find half of them were under 6ft.

Baresi, Beckenbauer, Koeman, Cannavaro, Gentile, Matthaus, Sammer, Puyol, Malpas 😘 to name a few.

That said, Hickey doesn't strike me as one of them.

Kieran Tierney is our short arse centre back of choice.  

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Another story yesterday that Celtic have offered €4m. I don't think this will go away all summer (unless Hickey makes the move). 

There’s clearly something to it.  I’d be surprised if he wasn’t a Celtic player come the start of the season.  You could argue it’d be a retrograde move.