Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

I'm with Craig on this.

It's one thing to say "This run of starts is really encouraging and I'm excited to see how far he can go in the game" and quite another to wildly conjecture the level of a player's performance based on the crudest of details from Flashscore or just make up nonsense about multiple man of the match awards.
Not necessarily sure that's the point here though.
The point is he's a teenager and first team pick for a half decent Serie A team. In my limited Serie A experience that's worth a look.

It seems his competition for LB slot is Mitchell Dijks.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitchell_Dijks

Not a bad player, still injured.  I would say its a push to call Hickey first choice just now and he will likely drop out once Dijks is fit. 

But he has shown he can be relied on right at the start of his time there which is fantastic.  If it wasn't for Dijks injury he could have been waiting six months to get a chance, now they know he can be chucked in and will do fine, so I expect he will get plenty game time from now on.

Not necessarily sure that's the point here though.
The point is he's a teenager and first team pick for a half decent Serie A team. In my limited Serie A experience that's worth a look.
That is the point Craig originally made though. Folk gibbering nonsense like he was man of the match when it was Schouten at the weekend and in his debut which a few folk on here did actually watch Soriano was clearly the standout. I'm all for people getting excited about a prospect but don't post fake news and don't comment on performances you've not seen.

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

It seems his competition for LB slot is Mitchell Dijks.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitchell_Dijks

Not a bad player, still injured.  I would say its a push to call Hickey first choice just now and he will likely drop out once Dijks is fit. 

But he has shown he can be relied on right at the start of his time there which is fantastic.  If it wasn't for Dijks injury he could have been waiting six months to get a chance, now they know he can be chucked in and will do fine, so I expect he will get plenty game time from now on.

He'll be able to play RWB in that system too, and as you've mentioned they might subsequently think about him as a central midfielder. Feel like he's going to get 20+ appearances this season which wasn't something I expected from him when he went out there. I always thought he looked excellent technically but he's still surprised me in terms of how well he's handled it.

35 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He'll be able to play RWB in that system too, and as you've mentioned they might subsequently think about him as a central midfielder. Feel like he's going to get 20+ appearances this season which wasn't something I expected from him when he went out there. I always thought he looked excellent technically but he's still surprised me in terms of how well he's handled it.

Aye he's equally comfortable on the right which is a massive asset to have.  Might see his first caps for Scotland playing there.  I do think he will move into midfield eventually, but maybe after a few years as he gets stronger and more experience.  Probably play wide a lot while he has the legs for it too.

I think he has made an incredibly smart, brave and mature move.  Imagine being 18 and having Bayern Munich, who you just watched on TV last week win the CL, come in for you. You go there, see the facilities they have which are the best in the world, stadium etc.  And you turn them down to go to a much smaller club cause it will be better for your development.  It does seem he also turned down Man City before that too.  

So that's an 18 year old Scottish kid turned down two of the worlds top ten clubs, that's incredible maturity and bravery.  And it couldn't be working out better so far.  What impresses me most about him is his temperament, he never looks flustered or our of place, and for someone so young and inexperienced that marks him out as a wee bit special. I genuinely believe he'll go on to play hundreds of games for one of the top clubs in Europe, Juventus, Bayern someone like that. Absolutely fantastic prospect with so many strings to his bow and so much scope for development.

Now what he wants to do is be like Liam Henderson and learn Italian fluently.  If he spends three years at Bologna, plays 100 games, and learns Italian fluently, he'll be 21, a full international and a massively attractive prospect for the top six clubs in Seria A.

9 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

The manager will probably rest him for a few games when he can

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Did you say RWB ?

10 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

We should he hoping Hickey's deployed at RB/RWB because it's hard to see him displacing Robertson and KT.  

Indeed , however he is far ahead of Tartan Tammy's mubtumbo suggestion

thank goodness

Edited by ewan14