Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

1 hour ago, red23 said:

I don't get the hype and excitement that people in the UK (everybody) gets from players playing abroad as if it automaitcally makes them 10X better.

I remember all the hype around Lewis Holtby when he moved to Tottenham you'd have thought they'd signed the next Zidane despite it being obvious he was bang average same as Owen Hargreaves.

Now Hickey joins the list of Ryan Gauld, Jack Harper and Bobby Allain as players who are raved about despite being utter garbage.

Who's next George Johnston?

But some players have improved while playing overseas eg ;

John Collins , M#J# , Paul Lambert

41 minutes ago, red23 said:

I don't get the hype and excitement that people in the UK (everybody) gets from players playing abroad as if it automaitcally makes them 10X better.

I remember all the hype around Lewis Holtby when he moved to Tottenham you'd have thought they'd signed the next Zidane despite it being obvious he was bang average same as Owen Hargreaves.

Now Hickey joins the list of Ryan Gauld, Jack Harper and Bobby Allain as players who are raved about despite being utter garbage.

Who's next George Johnston?

Hargreaves bang average, and hickey garbage. Wow, put yourself in the bin.

15 hours ago, red23 said:

Bobby Allain as players who are raved about despite being utter garbage.

Yes, I remember fondly all the times the national papers and supporters alike have raved about Bobby Allain, most notably from the time he couldn't get a game for Clyde.

Edited by The Moonster

• 3 weeks later...