Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

Sorry, not buying this 'better not to play for the u21s' thing.

Anyway, I assume people saw/heard about the following a few weeks ago?
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aaron-hickeys-bizarre-scotland-absence-22787371

Is be equally surprised if he genuinely thinks he's too good for selection by the unders, but who knows?

Wonder if Bologna influencing the lad some what they have just brought him like Tierney situation initially with Arsenal said they prefer he not play internationally. Given covid situation wouldn't be surprised is his club were reluctant for him to go and at 18 he is very young so reluctant to go against that especially while getting match time so early on. 

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

If SC had come out and said 3 at the back was our new culture and we were always going to play it, then yes. But he said exact the opposite after the Czech game - that we could/would change formation to suit each opponent.

I can't imagine that Hickey not playing for the u21s is really going to benefit anyone to be honest. Assuming @SavageHenry had tongue half in cheek.

Indeed.  I’m no fan of Scotland’s current development teams or their rotating dinosaur hoofball policy, but it'd be at least of some benefit to have Hickey in there ahead of whichever Largs mafioso is currently stinking up the joint.  

Wonder if Bologna influencing the lad some what they have just brought him like Tierney situation initially with Arsenal said they prefer he not play internationally. Given covid situation wouldn't be surprised is his club were reluctant for him to go and at 18 he is very young so reluctant to go against that especially while getting match time so early on. 
Could well be. Then again he hasn't been selected for any underage side for a couple of seasons now

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

No? You play the formation that best suits the 21’s, just as the top team formation could easily change. 

But most Scottish teams play 4 at the back so some of the players would gain experience of playing 3 ?

Surely Steve Clarke should decide ?

2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Sorry, not buying this 'better not to play for the u21s' thing.

Anyway, I assume people saw/heard about the following a few weeks ago?
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aaron-hickeys-bizarre-scotland-absence-22787371

Is be equally surprised if he genuinely thinks he's too good for selection by the unders, but who knows?

Will we ever learn not to write off someone just because he’s played most of his football at Scottish championship level until he is 22. Hickey should clearly be in the squad but that’s an awful article full of half guesses. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Will we ever learn not to write off someone just because he’s played most of his football at Scottish championship level until he is 22. Hickey should clearly be in the squad but that’s an awful article full of half guesses. 

Harvie was the best player other than Hornby when I was watching anyway he will be of age to stop playing u21 football shortly and Hickey will take his place I'm sure. 

41 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Harvie was the best player other than Hornby when I was watching anyway he will be of age to stop playing u21 football shortly and Hickey will take his place I'm sure. 

Yeah he will. 

Harvie is a very technically good player and has loads of improvement left in him, who knows what level in England he could reach. To call Parks a journalist is possibly a bit too kind, given the amount of Scotland players that ply their trade in the lower leagues along the way. 

On 25/10/2020 at 18:54, ewan14 said:

But most Scottish teams play 4 at the back so some of the players would gain experience of playing 3 ?

Surely Steve Clarke should decide ?

You are right. I think that's why Neil Lennon brought in Duffy and went 3 at the back. 

I don't get the hype and excitement that people in the UK (everybody) gets from players playing abroad as if it automaitcally makes them 10X better.

I remember all the hype around Lewis Holtby when he moved to Tottenham you'd have thought they'd signed the next Zidane despite it being obvious he was bang average same as Owen Hargreaves.

Now Hickey joins the list of Ryan Gauld, Jack Harper and Bobby Allain as players who are raved about despite being utter garbage.

Who's next George Johnston?

On 25/10/2020 at 21:04, No_Problemo said:

Yeah he will. 

Harvie is a very technically good player and has loads of improvement left in him, who knows what level in England he could reach. To call Parks a journalist is possibly a bit too kind, given the amount of Scotland players that ply their trade in the lower leagues along the way. 

He was begging my ex to f uck him......true story.

I don't get the hype and excitement that people in the UK (everybody) gets from players playing abroad as if it automaitcally makes them 10X better.

I remember all the hype around Lewis Holtby when he moved to Tottenham you'd have thought they'd signed the next Zidane despite it being obvious he was bang average same as Owen Hargreaves.

Now Hickey joins the list of Ryan Gauld, Jack Harper and Bobby Allain as players who are raved about despite being utter garbage.

Who's next George Johnston?

Yes, playing regularly in Serie A is exactly the same as kicking about the Portuguese or Spanish second tier or being a sub goalkeeper in Greece.