Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

4 hours ago, Gordopolis said:
6 hours ago, Marshmallo said:
I think I'll take the views of people who only saw his name in the line up on Livescore rather than hipsters who "watched the game".

You mean like the Bologna manager, who watched his last two starts and picked him for this one as well?

I reckon if I'd paid £1.5m for a player I'd probably start him for at least 3 games in a row.

I reckon if I'd paid £1.5m for a player I'd probably start him for at least 3 games in a row.

Yeah cos, like, he's probably pretty decent.  

And of course all teenagers bought by Serie A clubs go straight into the starting XI don't they? [emoji848] 

Not sure what people are trying to prove here. Hickey looked easily good enough for our under 21s here, so why - due to a very recent move to Serie A - is he suddenly a ridiculous shout?

32 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Great info. So do you, or do you not think he should be in the u21 squad?

I do. I think it's a bit mental he hasn't been involed with them already. With the senior team it's a different story given who's in front of him in his position.

I'm just saying him playing three games for his new team doesn't mean all that much.

Just now, RawB93 said:

I do. I think it's a bit mental he hasn't been involed with them already. With the senior team it's a different story given who's in front of him in his position.

I'm just saying him playing three games for his new team doesn't mean all that much.

Im not a hearts fan. But I doubt even hearts fans would have expected him to play as often as he has already.

For an 18 year old coming from a much lower level. Its nothing short of remarkable.

23 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Yes it does, unless you're an idiot.  He turned 18 four months ago, he may even be the youngest player to have played in Serie A this season.  Its very surprising and very impressive.

On 18/10/2020 at 21:16, Gordopolis said:

Yeah cos, like, he's probably pretty decent.  

And of course all teenagers bought by Serie A clubs go straight into the starting XI don't they? emoji848.png 

Not sure what people are trying to prove here. Hickey looked easily good enough for our under 21s here, so why - due to a very recent move to Serie A - is he suddenly a ridiculous shout?

I think we need to be asking whether it is preferable for him to be playing with Bologna or with Gemmill's cloggers.  All things considered, it might be beneficial that he doesn't get called up.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

And Gemmill is on the verge of leading the U21s to a major championship for the first time in 25 years.

This is true , but the prime objective is to develop players for the senior squad

Consequently should the u - 21s not be playing three at the back ?

Edited by ewan14

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I think we need to be asking whether it is preferable for him to be playing with Bologna or with Gemmill's cloggers.  All things considered, it might be beneficial that he doesn't get called up.

Hickey does not have any Antipodean , etc

grandparents ?

28 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

This is true , but the prime objective is to develop players for the senior squad

No? You play the formation that best suits the 21’s, just as the top team formation could easily change. 

If SC had come out and said 3 at the back was our new culture and we were always going to play it, then yes. But he said exact the opposite after the Czech game - that we could/would change formation to suit each opponent.

I can't imagine that Hickey not playing for the u21s is really going to benefit anyone to be honest. Assuming @SavageHenry had tongue half in cheek.

Just now, Gordopolis said:

If SC had come out and said 3 at the back was our new culture and we were always going to play it, then yes. But he said exact the opposite after the Czech game - that we could/would change formation to suit each opponent.

I can't imagine that Hickey not playing for the u21s is really going to benefit anyone to be honest. Assuming @SavageHenry had tongue half in cheek.

If you have watched the u21s play then I can see why a technical player might not benefit playing with them.

Any midfielders can get the same experience at any park. Just get a couple of mates to launch balls over their heads. So they can stand and  watch them fly over.

Can hickey punt the ball far? Perhaps thats why he's not making the squads. His punts strength isn't up to the task.