Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

11 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I saw it live and he was lucky to keep possession. The .gif ends just as the second Parma boy is about to come into shot.

It's this sort of attitude I absolutely despise about Scottish people. The boys just made his debut in the Serie A, still a teenager, fans delighted with him, club posting gifs of some skill he pulled off to generate more fanfare and the debate on here ends up "aye but in that 3 second clip he nearly lost the ball". Why must we be like this?

Just now, The Moonster said:

It's this sort of attitude I absolutely despise about Scottish people. The boys just made his debut in the Serie A, still a teenager, fans delighted with him, club posting gifs of some skill he pulled off to generate more fanfare and the debate on here ends up "aye but in that 3 second clip he nearly lost the ball". Why must we be like this?

Tbh I don't think anybody was revelling in the fact he nearly lost the ball. A few people including me were just having a laugh. I didn't see anyone in the last couple of pages who wasn't delighted to see hickey making his debut.

Go back a few pages more and you will find plenty of "i just think he's shite" kind of posts. Same as we get with every exciting young Scottish player making waves.

Talk about taking a post out of context. Did you bother to read any of my comments about his overall performance or just jump on one innocuous remark correcting another poster?

5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Talk about taking a post out of context. Did you bother to read any of my comments about his overall performance or just jump on one innocuous remark correcting another poster?

You didn't correct anything Szammo said. Your other comment seemed a bit contradictory to me as well (question marks defensively, didn't do anything going forward but it was a promising performance?) but my point is the debate has descended into pish about whether Hickey lost the ball after a 3 second clip. The debate doesn't descend into that if you don't make the post saying "he nearly lost the ball though".

Why is Hickey not involved with any Scotland squads?
From I can see (i.e. Wikipedia), he hasn't played for any Scotland team since he made his first professional appearance which is quite weird. I could understand it last October and November as he wasn't getting any rest with Hearts, but don't really know what's going on now.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Another start and 90 mins for Hickey today. He's got to be involved for us at some level next month (even just u21) or there's something seriously up

Scotland Gemmill should definitely be picking him for the u21s

Maybe just leaving him some settling in time

11 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Had a pretty tough time according to Twitter.

I think I'll take the views of people who only saw his name in the line up on Livescore rather than hipsters who "watched the game".

Edited by Marshmallo